GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lord of the Rings: the extended version."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/11/02 at 18:01
Regular
The best film of the last few years has been enhanced considerably by the additional material, this sumptuous DVD boxset I got the other day provides. The 30 minutes of extra footage is implemented perfectly and adds more characterisation, more violence, more Hobbits and more of Middle Earth.

The prologue is now subtly different and incorporates Bilbo’s endearing description about Hobbits as he is writing in his book. There is also more of the Shire and the “travelling to” scenes are now fleshed out. Best of all though, there’s more fighting. The Cave Troll scene is extended, as are the final battle(s) between the Uruk-Hai and the Fellowship. The fighting has serious edge and is more ruthless than the theatrical cuts'.

I particularly enjoyed it when Gandalf utters words of power from Mordor at the meeting in Rivendale, which has some chilling effects. That shuts Boromir up.

Three and a half hours is a long time to spend watching a film mind…

But it’s worth it.

**10% nerdier than Mr Snuggly’s Episode II post, if that were possible**
Mon 02/12/02 at 15:15
"MMMMM, Chicken"
It doesn't have the Two Towers trailer though, at least I don't think it does, I couldn't find it looking through the menus anyway.
Mon 02/12/02 at 11:18
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I got mine for £12, cos i have a mate that works for a distribution company that handles sony and warner. cds are £4 each too, which is cool....

(gloats!)

:)
Mon 02/12/02 at 10:55
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I'm getting for Xmas, off my sister-in-law. Not because I want though, because she is buying me and the Ogre a joint pressie, and thats what he wants. Mind at least I'll be getting a pressie. His family didn't bother to get me anything for my birthday. I shouldn't be suprised though. They didn't bother to anything for his birthday either.
Mon 02/12/02 at 10:53
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I wasn't going to bother buying it, but seeing it for £19? Seemd a bit stupid not to really.

*looks at box*
Yeah.
Mon 02/12/02 at 10:51
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Goatboy wrote:
> I bought this 4-disc job at a Co-Op yesterday.
> It cost £19.

It was £45 at Staples. And it wasn't the one with the book-ends either :s

bad pricing or what?
Mon 02/12/02 at 10:21
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I bought this 4-disc job at a Co-Op yesterday.
It cost £19.
I laughed and laughed and spent all day watching extras and then movie.
Very cool.
Sun 01/12/02 at 18:41
I just go and see how much money is in the kitty...
Sun 01/12/02 at 17:42
Regular
Damn straight. It's amazing. Best DVD ever, I kid you not.
Sun 01/12/02 at 17:37
"possibly impossible"
hm, you're going to convince me to buy it now, aren't you? Gah, more money.
Sun 01/12/02 at 17:15
Regular
Yeah, it's a very shiny box.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.