GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What does everyone think of Mobos that take DDR and SDR"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/11/02 at 18:08
Regular
well what do u think,

also whats so bad about ebuyers ram does it not have the bandwidth it should or something
Sun 17/11/02 at 13:37
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
AMD_MAN wrote:
fog you wrote that ram doesnt have bandwidth but it
> actually does.

never seen one...
Always thought pipes had to be involved. :/
Sun 17/11/02 at 13:15
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Yeah what are you talking about PC2100, PC2700 what do u think the numbers mean, the whole point of DDR is that it has twice the bandwidth of SDR

I only have 1024mb sdr at the min and plan to put half of it in another machine which is why i'm going to get a ddr/sdr motherboard, to upgrade later, i wont be overclocking though so would the ebuyer ram do the job, it is pretty cheap
Sun 17/11/02 at 01:04
Regular
these board are great for upgraders but not very good for overclocking, fog you wrote that ram doesnt have bandwidth but it actually does.

c.b.
Sat 16/11/02 at 21:02
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Memorandum wrote:
> also whats so bad about ebuyers ram does it not have the bandwidth it
> should or something

It's just really poorly made, it dies quickly, is generally unstable and some of it goes over the edge with just a 10mhz overclock.
Sat 16/11/02 at 19:39
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Ram doesn't have bandwidth, the ram I bought from ebuyer (own brand) is poo.
Motherbaords that have SD and DDR ram slots are good :)
Sat 16/11/02 at 18:56
Regular
"relocated"
Well, they're great if you have SDRAM now and want to upgrade to DDR RAM later. Otherwise they are a bit pointless.

You can't mix and match types - one or the other I'm afraid.
Sat 16/11/02 at 18:34
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
another question that i cant seem to answer, can u use both types of ram at the same time
Sat 16/11/02 at 18:08
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
well what do u think,

also whats so bad about ebuyers ram does it not have the bandwidth it should or something

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.