GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Daily Mail - I hate them but I love them (well, almost)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/09/08 at 15:24
"possibly impossible"
Such is the contradition I find myself with the rag of filth that is The Daily Mail.

So many of their articles produce bile in my throat for a number of reasons, not least the Mrs Bucket style upper-middle-class rantings of fools.

But then they know just what free DVDs and CDs to provide in order to counter the balance of being just about the crappest newspaper on Earth. Just look at the last month or so. First it was a set of useful Encyclopedia and education items for the kids PC I've just finished fixing, now it's 80's CDs, full original albums.

And this is the predicement. I know I want the DVDs and CDs, but I don't want to give money to those nasty news-less reporters or their corporation.

WHSmiths helps, of course. They stick all their old promotion DVDs/CDs for the week in a basket and let people help themselves. This means I can get at least some of them without having to get the paper at all. But the most popular ones do go. If I can grab the paper first at work then I can get the tokens from there, but sad to say I do still get the paper on a Saturday sometimes, just for the free item.

And so it continues, they feed me free items and I occassionally buy the paper, knowing that if I look at just one 'news' page, I'll be reminded why I leave it alone most of the time.
Mon 15/09/08 at 15:24
"possibly impossible"
Such is the contradition I find myself with the rag of filth that is The Daily Mail.

So many of their articles produce bile in my throat for a number of reasons, not least the Mrs Bucket style upper-middle-class rantings of fools.

But then they know just what free DVDs and CDs to provide in order to counter the balance of being just about the crappest newspaper on Earth. Just look at the last month or so. First it was a set of useful Encyclopedia and education items for the kids PC I've just finished fixing, now it's 80's CDs, full original albums.

And this is the predicement. I know I want the DVDs and CDs, but I don't want to give money to those nasty news-less reporters or their corporation.

WHSmiths helps, of course. They stick all their old promotion DVDs/CDs for the week in a basket and let people help themselves. This means I can get at least some of them without having to get the paper at all. But the most popular ones do go. If I can grab the paper first at work then I can get the tokens from there, but sad to say I do still get the paper on a Saturday sometimes, just for the free item.

And so it continues, they feed me free items and I occassionally buy the paper, knowing that if I look at just one 'news' page, I'll be reminded why I leave it alone most of the time.
Mon 15/09/08 at 15:33
Regular
"eat toast!"
the daily heil is rubbish paper. Those right wing (sausages) right sensationlist poo to stir up trouble. The only redeeming feature is its tv guide and cainer, who has a website cainer.com where you can get your horoscope a day before the papers.

Only a couple of cds are worth their money, like the recent spandau ballet cd with GOLD song.

So death to the daily heil
Mon 15/09/08 at 15:38
Regular
I like their TV guide, not bad for 70p and I read some shocking artiles like Russell Brand dating Britney Spears. :O

Actually there is a good artle on their site at the moment, about another Dragon Den inventor who they turned down. She's just made a million from US deals in the first 4 months despite them saying 'It would be like walking into the lions' den - they will you eat you alive.'
Mon 15/09/08 at 16:12
"possibly impossible"
The funny thing is that the first CD in their current run is the Culture Club album (Colour By Numbers) The band were probably just the sort of people they were complaining about at the time this was released.

They should release PC games next; GTA, Carmaggedon and Postal.
Mon 15/09/08 at 16:20
Regular
"Monochromatic"
pb wrote:
> The funny thing is that the first CD in their current run is the
> Culture Club album (Colour By Numbers) The band were probably
> just the sort of people they were complaining about at the time
> this was released.

I'd file it under "Homophobic? Us? How dare you!" It's hardly the type of offer the average Daily Mail reader will be interested in either. Guess they need fresh blood now the skinheads of the late 70's are getting old.
Mon 15/09/08 at 16:44
"Was the man of marz"
Nin wrote:
> I'd file it under "Homophobic? Us? How dare you!" It's
> hardly the type of offer the average Daily Mail reader will be
> interested in either. Guess they need fresh blood now the
> skinheads of the late 70's are getting old.

You shouldn't talk about yourself like that. I've yet to receive any good free stuff from a newspaper. Bad experiences include the animal encyclopaedia that required you signed up for dial-up to use, or the world cup music CD, which was just opera that was meant to inspire you.

The reason could be I can never be bothered when you have to redeem tokens
Mon 15/09/08 at 19:52
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Its certainly good to know that peoples principles are for sale at such low prices. :)
Mon 15/09/08 at 21:05
"possibly impossible"
hah. I don't buy the paper, I just rip the tokens out or grab them from the counter of WHSmiths anyway.
Mon 15/09/08 at 21:11
Regular
pb wrote:
> hah. I don't buy the paper, I just rip the tokens out or grab
> them from the counter of WHSmiths anyway.

Hangon, that's even worse pb :)
Mon 15/09/08 at 21:45
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
pb wrote:
> And so it continues, they feed me free items and I occassionally
> buy the paper,

pb wrote:
> hah. I don't buy the paper,

Oh pb, its just lie and after lie....

:-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.