GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Car is Poorly"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/11/02 at 13:27
Regular
Its blown a head casket. Which translates to its gonna cost loads of money to get it fixed. Bah.

Still I saw my engine for the first time :D
Mon 18/11/02 at 10:54
"Darkness, always"
does it carve up the road beneath it and fire explosive rounds?
Mon 18/11/02 at 10:34
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Meh, my exhaust went at the weekend. I loathe my car with a vengeance these days =(

It really does sound like i'm driving a tank at the minute, so it'll be ideal for your first car Bartender - you'll feel right at home in it. I'm open to offers if you want to take it off my hands.
Sun 17/11/02 at 15:04
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Rosalind wrote:
> I'm scared now, My Boyfriend and my Dad are going to strip down the
> engine and replace the Gasket so we don't have to pay loads, but if
> the gasket going is symptomatic of a more serious problem, which lets
> face it is pretty likely, then its just gonna go again in a few months
> time.

It's a tricky business, fitting a head gasket, that's for sure. Just go to church three times a week and cross everythng for good luck.

Recommended car to buy second hand for reliability and value is - Mondeo.
Sat 16/11/02 at 09:36
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I'm scared now, My Boyfriend and my Dad are going to strip down the engine and replace the Gasket so we don't have to pay loads, but if the gasket going is symptomatic of a more serious problem, which lets face it is pretty likely, then its just gonna go again in a few months time.
Fri 15/11/02 at 14:40
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I live in fear of busting my car up. A week after I bought it, I mashed up the passenger door (with monkey_man inside) in a car park, and it cost me £150.

The dream was over.
Fri 15/11/02 at 14:19
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Flanders wrote:
> Rosalind wrote:
> Its blown a head casket.
>
> So where actually is the casket ???

Yeah yeah yeah. I meant the Gasket. Its just a typo.

and its on the pistons I think (A-level physics). When it blows you get water in the piston which doesn't make the engine very happy :D

I'm better at Mini engines though.
Fri 15/11/02 at 14:19
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
On a scale of 1 to ridiculous, I'd say it's 4.

Yes..4!
Fri 15/11/02 at 14:16
Rosalind wrote:
> Its blown a head casket.

So where actually is the casket ???

(Somebody had to point it out !)

Actually a head gasket costs peanuts - about 10/15 quid. It's all the damn labour involved getting to the damn thing that costs the money.
Fri 15/11/02 at 14:11
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
http://www.army-technology.com

Weapons for all occasions.
Fri 15/11/02 at 14:09
"Darkness, always"
Mr. Happy wrote:
> I thought you could drive a tank :-P

Try getting your mitts on an affordable Leopard II, and then get permission to use it on the road.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.