GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"champions league DRAW"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/11/02 at 11:10
Regular
Champions League second group stage draw:

Group A
Barcelona
Inter Milan
Bayer Leverkusen
Newcastle

Group B
Valencia
Arsenal
Roma
Ajax

Group C
Real Madrid
AC Milan
Borussia Dortmund
Lokomotiv Moscow

Group D
Manchester United
Juventus
Deportivo La Coruna
FC Basle

Well everyone avoided Real madrid......... arsenal vs valencia is gonna be tight they were lucky last time around. newcastle have barca beatable by no means i say. man u get a pretty tough group aswell dont underestimate basle.....
Fri 15/11/02 at 16:31
"High polygon count"
Ahh, and still only 1 point off the top and 7 above United...
Fri 15/11/02 at 16:27
"Darkness, always"
Ah, 4 defeats in a row...
Fri 15/11/02 at 16:21
"High polygon count"
Or†ega wrote:
> I know, but i only like to remember the bad days :)

Me too.

Ahhhhhh, City...
Fri 15/11/02 at 16:18
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:

>
> I did say 'on our better European days'!

I know, but i only like to remember the bad days :)
Fri 15/11/02 at 16:04
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
The funny thing about Arsenal is that they dont seem to be playing any worse than when they were destroying teams at the start of the season.

They totally killed Blackburn and lost, were perhaps a little over confident against Everton (but still played well) and lost, i beleive that if Arsenal maintain their current form then they are Englands best hope for European glory this year on the strengh of the games ive seen our 3 survivors play over the last 3 months.
Fri 15/11/02 at 15:59
"High polygon count"
Or†ega wrote:
> Ah yes, but on the other side a Juventus *reserve* team beat you last
> season and Deportivo cruised past you at Highbury :)

I did say 'on our better European days'!

And while it's true that their reserve team beat us, we DID beat their full team 3-1. And they DID finish bottom of our group last season.

But *if* Arsenal get back to form, I don't see why they can't win the group.
Fri 15/11/02 at 15:09
"Darkness, always"
The bottom line is, there are going to be some fantastic games, and some heartstopping moments in these groups.

It would be great if, for once, we could get three teams into the knockout stages.

Show the domination of english football over europe, instead of the italians, and those filthy spaniards getting all the praise.
Fri 15/11/02 at 14:59
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Sorry my mistake, i thought that rule only applied to the 1st group stage but i was wrong.

We never see the champs leauge draw as they tend to be held behind close doors at an undisclosed location in Madrid :p
Fri 15/11/02 at 14:47
Regular
"smile, it's free"
rabid wrote:
> if only Liverpool had beat Basle then
> maybe they would have been in the same group as Man Utd but ohwell...

No, you can't have two teams from the same country in the same group.

United are favourites to win their group. Anyone who seriously thinks they will not qualify needs their head examined...
Fri 15/11/02 at 14:36
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Newcastle got a stinker of a group, but then thats what I thought about their first round group, maybe they could pull off a few shock wins again, who knows stranger things have happened.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.