GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"champions league DRAW"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/11/02 at 11:10
Regular
Champions League second group stage draw:

Group A
Barcelona
Inter Milan
Bayer Leverkusen
Newcastle

Group B
Valencia
Arsenal
Roma
Ajax

Group C
Real Madrid
AC Milan
Borussia Dortmund
Lokomotiv Moscow

Group D
Manchester United
Juventus
Deportivo La Coruna
FC Basle

Well everyone avoided Real madrid......... arsenal vs valencia is gonna be tight they were lucky last time around. newcastle have barca beatable by no means i say. man u get a pretty tough group aswell dont underestimate basle.....
Thu 21/11/02 at 19:16
AC Milan are on fire at the moment. Shevchenko is nearly back to full fitness, Inzhagi is incredibly good at scoring goals, although he is a bit of a poacher, and Rui Costa is playing like how he did when he was with Fiorentina. And of course there's Rivaldo. I reckon they'll win the group. Can't wait for the games with Real Madrid though because as far as I'm concerned, I reckon those two clubs have the best attack in the world. Yet AC have that good defence ... we'll see. But I reckon AC will be top of the group.
Thu 21/11/02 at 19:04
"High polygon count"
From TeamTalk.com...

-----

Arsenal's European success chances have been boosted by the news Valencia are without Pablo Aimar and Francisco Rufete at Highbury next month.

The Gunners host the tough Spanish team in the Champions League on Tuesday 10 December in their second game of the second group stage.

But Valencia have now confirmed that Aimar, an especially talented playmaker, is out of the game and a month of his team's domestic campaign because of a torn thigh muscle.

The club's chief medical officer Jorge Candel confirmed: "He will be out for at last four weeks."

Meanwhile, Rufete, who grabbed Valencia's winner against Liverpool at Anfield in the first group stage, is expected to be out even longer after he suffered a calf muscle injury.
Mon 18/11/02 at 23:28
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
Come on Man U.
Sat 16/11/02 at 15:19
Regular
OMG 1-0 GO HENRY!
Sat 16/11/02 at 13:44
"High polygon count"
Well, you'd have to say 'yes'. There weren't given a chance of getting out of the first group, and look what happened there!
Sat 16/11/02 at 10:22
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Even FC Basle?
Fri 15/11/02 at 20:52
Regular
LOOK 'WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS' when we are on fire we are great.
Every team has a goddamn chance.
Fri 15/11/02 at 20:38
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
Quite frankly, there's a very good chance we will see no English sides participating beyond the second phase. Newcastle are practically written off already while Arsenal may just scrape it and Man Utd have the best chance of the lot. Wouldn't be so optimistic about Arsenal coming any better than 3rd, Roma are recent champions of Italy and while a few people are giving Arsenal 6 easy points against Ajax, there's no denying that they are a quality outfit that is likely to cause them problems.
Fri 15/11/02 at 19:22
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Group A
Barcelona
Inter Milan
Bayer Leverkusen
Newcastle United

Ehh...Ehh...Damm..

Knowing that Barcelona Newcastle on the pre-season matches 3-0 its hard to say that'll if i beat them, But Newcastle has learnt many things about football since then also discovered great talent along the players, Like steve harper. I also hope the 1st fixture is vs. Barcelona at home *Crosses fingers*

When i saw Inter milan comes up...i was...heh....Banging my head on the wall but however...life does go on. Inter milan is a blummin hard team and a big good luck to newcastle.

And Bayer Leverkusen should the easist out of the group to beat but i'll never say that'll i'll beat them easy.
Fri 15/11/02 at 17:29
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
§n][pe® wrote:
> Group A
> Barcelona
> Inter Milan
> Bayer Leverkusen
> Newcastle United

---

I think Newcastle have been given almost the hardest group they could've been given. Barcelona went through with 18 points out of 18, Inter Milan are top of Serie A with both Crespo and Vieri on good form and even Bayer Leverkusen are a fairly good team. I think Newcastle can beat Leverkusen though, both at home and at the BayArena - Leverkusen aren't doing to well at the moment. Barca and Inter will definitely defeat Newcastle at least once though.
Prediction:
1. Barcelona
2. Inter Milan
3. Newcastle United
4. Bayer Leverkusen

---

> Group B
> Valencia
> Arsenal
> Roma
> Ajax

---

Arsenal have been given a hard group too, but I wouldn't say it's as hard as Newcastle's. Valencia are on top form right now in Europe, and have only been held to one draw so far, with no defeats either. Roma aren't playing too well, and they only just scraped through their group - they're not doing too well in Serie A right now either, so I can see Arsenal beating them, at Highbury anyway. Ajax are doing really well right now, but I think the other 3 teams will all overpower them fairly easily.
Prediction:
1. Valencia
2. Arsenal
3. Roma
4. Ajax

---

> Group C
> Real Madrid
> AC Milan
> Borussia Dortmund
> Lokomotiv Moscow

---

This group contains probably the 2 favourites to go through to the final, and I think whoever wins out of those 2 will go on to win the group. Real Madrid aren't doing as well as they could in La Liga, but I think they'll still easily beat both Dortmund and Lokomotiv twice - AC Milan though, are having a relatively good season, only having lost to Juventus so far in Serie A, and they could well prove to be a tough challenge for the Champions, Real. Dortmund may put up a fight, but I think 1st place is between Real Madrid and AC Milan.
Prediction:
1. AC Milan
2. Real Madrid
3. Borussia Dortmund
4. Lokomotiv Moscow

---

> Group D
> Manchester United
> Juventus
> Deportivo La Coruna
> FC Basle

---

Manchester United given 2 of their old rivals again - they've had encounters with both Deportivo and Juventus before in the Champions League, winning overall against both of them though, but now Juventus, with a much better side, have only been defeated once this season... and it was by Newcastle. Basle are playing really well right now, and I think they could take quite a few points, especially from their home ties. In my opinion, if Deportivo or Juventus can beat Man U, then Man U are out - they should progress from this group, taking all 9 points at home, but we all know what Man U can be like.
Prediction:
1. Juventus
2. Manchester United
3. Deportivo La Coruna
4. FC Basle

---

I think the Semi Finalists will be AC Milan, Juventus, Valencia and Barcelona. Possibly Man U or Arsenal as well, but for me, if they get a match in the Quarter Finals with any of these teams then they're pretty much doomed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.