GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is anyone else disappointed with the ps2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/12/00 at 14:59
Regular
Surely im not the only one who can be thinking this, but the PS2 is not as good as everyone thinks, or wants it to be.
I pre ordered mine but have decided got to waste another £280 to pick it up. I played it at a freinds house and to say i was disappointeed was an understatement. The games may look nice ( although they dont look as good as most dreamcast games, Dead or Alive 2 for example which looks better on the DC) but there is no depth or real playability to them. This was a massive fault with the PSone, which only had 4 or 5 games worth buying unless you like buying pointless niche games or enless FIFA or Tomb Raider games that are all exactly the same. I know that launch titles are never very good normally ( N64 being the only real exception)but now games companies are beginning to leave as well. For example, metal gear solid will now be on the X-Box and there are rumours of a Game Cube version as well. Highly anticipated games like Munch's Odessy will now not be on the system at all. Developers all around the world have complained about how hard it is to programme for.
Tue 12/12/00 at 19:04
Regular
At first I thought the 4 or 5 good games bit was just his opinion of the PSX launch, however he mentioned Tomb Raider, so the idiot is talking cr@p.
Tue 12/12/00 at 13:24
"High polygon count"
It does seem unlikely.

Unless you're very, very bad at videogames!
Tue 12/12/00 at 13:17
Regular
"not dead"
Of course, if these four or five games have been so good, and have kept him occupied for four years, then he could be quite happy with that. But I'm not sure that 5 games could keep me occupied for 4 years.
Tue 12/12/00 at 13:03
"High polygon count"
> I know it's hard to believe, but it does happen...

Grix, you of all people should know by now that I do accept it.

But look st the inconsistencies in the two posts. First of all squidgy says that PlayStation had the "massive fault" of only having four or five games worth playing, then he says that he's had a PS for four years and has been very happy with it.

Whatever machine you're talking about, I can't see that someone can be very happy with it if they believe there's only been five games worth playing on it in five years!

It just seems a bit odd to me.
Mon 11/12/00 at 23:55
thinks he probly hasn't even played one. what happens instead of the diamond at the start?
Mon 11/12/00 at 23:24
Regular
It works on mobile phones, and with preformatted text, but not here, ah well.
Mon 11/12/00 at 20:02
Regular
Oh dear, all the symbols got crushed up! That looked alright when I typed the message.
Ah well?!?
Mon 11/12/00 at 20:00
Regular
_||||_
( 0 0 )
( \ __ / )
( | | )
( ) | )
\ \ | )
\ ) _ ( )
| _ |
| | | |
| | | |
CCC CCC
Hello!
Mon 11/12/00 at 18:50
Regular
Yeah, all those five silly typos got me worried as well... : )
Mon 11/12/00 at 17:10
Regular
"MSR Rules"
Sorry Grix the guys terrrible spellung got me there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.