GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Timesplitters; how good?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/12/00 at 21:18
Regular
I have read many reviews of Timesplitter's and they all say different things about it. The images I have seen look dark and gloomy. People say that it's far to easy to complete, and unlike goldeneye, theres not much objectives in each level. Am I horribly wrong? Somebody set me straight! :P

Also what do you think is better: Perfect Dark (N64) OR Timesplitters?
Tue 12/12/00 at 19:01
Regular
SSX is the best as far as I`m concerned, though TS is very close behind!
Tue 12/12/00 at 14:06
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
timesplitters was one of the games i bought with my machine along with SSX and ISS i must admit that i have been slaughtering SSX at the mo but what i have played of timesplitters it seems very good indeed...this is my first 1st person shoot em up since doom on PSX and the graphics are as solid as can be an when you walk up to walls theere is no blocking
Tue 12/12/00 at 14:03
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
timwsplitters was one of the games i bought with my machine along with SSX and ISS i must admit that i have been slaughtering SSX at the mo but what i have played of timesplitters it seems very good indeed...this is my first 1st person shoot em up since doom on PSX an the graphic are as solid as can be an whe you walk up to walls the detail is great
Tue 12/12/00 at 13:42
"High polygon count"
Very good.
Tue 12/12/00 at 10:41
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Amen to that one!!!!!
Incidentially I'm getting SSX for Xmas. I've heard it's good, but how good?
Mon 11/12/00 at 23:22
Regular
I can`t wait until Xmas when I`ll be able to try 4-player TS!
Mon 11/12/00 at 20:09
Regular
Me too!
Mon 11/12/00 at 11:58
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Timesplitters is hard!!! - Try doing the Mansion level on hard if you don't believe me!!!!
However the focus of TS is multiplayer, so admittedly the 1 player isn't Quake 2 level, but by no means is it bad!!!
The inclusion of the challange mode adds alot and an unmentioned bonus is the fact that you can do Story mode as a 2 player co-operative.....
TS is exactly what is says it is - a non-stop, fast paced, all action FPS. And I love it!
Mon 11/12/00 at 00:05
mossmanfly1340 wrote:
> I think Timesplitters is hard. Its easy to complete the story mode
> on easy but it does get hard. The challenges are hard and takes
> practice to do them. I tried story n Medium on the first level got
> the key and died as the level was a bit bigger and the key was
> further into the level. I reckon that its a tough game depends if
> you can get use to the controls. I think i have got the hang of it
> as Iam fine with them. It might be better with the mouse and
> keyboard if they were supported it depends on if you have used PC
> first person shooters. I think that iam an experienced gamer and I
> think that its hard but with practice you'll be able to master it.
> You dont want the game to be over very quickly. Arcade
> deathmatches against the computer are so fun, the mapmaker. Its
> worth the money. I cant comment on Perfect Dark but Timesplitters
> is a good game it does slow down a little from time to time but
> thats with all the bots in 1 player with all bots on screen firing
> rockets and hightec weapons so Its very fast and is a good purchase.
Sun 10/12/00 at 23:07
Regular
TimeSplitters loses to PD in terms of numbers of weapons and options, but easily wins graphically. It also has improved playability. As for the weapons comment, who cares if the crossbow and knives etc aren`t there?

As for the controls, go to the in-game option menu, and go to customise controls, and you may find it easier to put left/right and forward/backward on the same stick, and put sidestep with look up/down. This greatly improves the ease of control.

I also think that the idea of making the level bigger as well as harder is good. The first level gave me a shock on Hard!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.