GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[FILM] Disaster Movie"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/09/08 at 23:08
Regular
"THFC"
Well names of films are normally a good indication to what the film is about, no exception here. In fact the name sells the film short. I went to the cinema and luckily i did not have to pay for what is the worst film i have seen all year. I never expected anything great from the latest in big screen spoofs, but i did hope a few laughs at least, sadly i think i may have slightly chuckled once in the hour of bad acting and poorly written songs.

The lame excuse for a plot basically sees a group of friends trying to escape a city that is going to be destroyed, a bit like cloverfield. Then the spoofs of 10,000 BC, Batman, Iron Man, Hulk and many more good films are thrown in to a mixture of bad directing and annoying jokes that become tiresome very quickly. You will struggle to find anything positive about this film, other than the few scenes where Carmen Electra and several other good looking women are seen in revealing under wear.

While the jokes are predictable and childish, the attempt to throw in some slapstick comedy and toilet humor will see only the younger viewers laugh at this poor attempt at a comedy. Some characters become annoying within the few 20 minutes and i became glad to see many cast members killed off in pathetic ways. While some people may say this is a rather harsh review to my usual style, it really does deserve all the negative things i am saying.

I would say watch it and judge for yourself, but it is not worth the money. If you do have unlimited cards and get to see movies for free, then still don't watch. I have to say it is probably one of the worst films i have ever seen. There are only so many ways to tell you how much i did not enjoy this film, but if you like very childish humor, with terrible jokes and slapstick comedy that you will have seen many times before and probably not even found funny then.

This tedious genre of film will without doubt still be around in a few years, the only reason i will be watching this film again is to see the bikini wrestling scene or to say to the people i am watching it with; "I told you so"

To sum it all up, only watch if you have seen this genre before and found every second hilarious, because this doesn't come close to any Scary Movie film and being a 12A the comedy is tame at best.

Overall 2/10
Tue 09/09/08 at 10:05
Regular
"THFC"
The annoying thing is that it is all things we have seen or you know what will happen. If i was to say that they give someone a gun, and tell them to curve the bullet around Carmen Electra, what do you think happens?

And it is like that all the way through pretty much. Just a poor effort that was rushed
Tue 09/09/08 at 10:03
"possibly impossible"
One to avoid, then! Why can't they make spoofs like they did in the 80's and early 90's?
Mon 08/09/08 at 23:08
Regular
"THFC"
Well names of films are normally a good indication to what the film is about, no exception here. In fact the name sells the film short. I went to the cinema and luckily i did not have to pay for what is the worst film i have seen all year. I never expected anything great from the latest in big screen spoofs, but i did hope a few laughs at least, sadly i think i may have slightly chuckled once in the hour of bad acting and poorly written songs.

The lame excuse for a plot basically sees a group of friends trying to escape a city that is going to be destroyed, a bit like cloverfield. Then the spoofs of 10,000 BC, Batman, Iron Man, Hulk and many more good films are thrown in to a mixture of bad directing and annoying jokes that become tiresome very quickly. You will struggle to find anything positive about this film, other than the few scenes where Carmen Electra and several other good looking women are seen in revealing under wear.

While the jokes are predictable and childish, the attempt to throw in some slapstick comedy and toilet humor will see only the younger viewers laugh at this poor attempt at a comedy. Some characters become annoying within the few 20 minutes and i became glad to see many cast members killed off in pathetic ways. While some people may say this is a rather harsh review to my usual style, it really does deserve all the negative things i am saying.

I would say watch it and judge for yourself, but it is not worth the money. If you do have unlimited cards and get to see movies for free, then still don't watch. I have to say it is probably one of the worst films i have ever seen. There are only so many ways to tell you how much i did not enjoy this film, but if you like very childish humor, with terrible jokes and slapstick comedy that you will have seen many times before and probably not even found funny then.

This tedious genre of film will without doubt still be around in a few years, the only reason i will be watching this film again is to see the bikini wrestling scene or to say to the people i am watching it with; "I told you so"

To sum it all up, only watch if you have seen this genre before and found every second hilarious, because this doesn't come close to any Scary Movie film and being a 12A the comedy is tame at best.

Overall 2/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.