GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Survey"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/12/00 at 05:34
Regular
FantasyMeister wishes to know:

1. How many hours do you play games a week?
2. What room in your house is your console/PC/handheld?
3. Do you have exclusive access to your console etc., or share?
4. Do you think that your social life/school work/family life/work suffers because of the time you spend playing games?
5. The lottery numbers for Saturday 16th December 2000.

All responses will be treated in absolute confidence until they are published for the thesis I am working on.

The best answers to these 5 questions MAY win a prize.
Fri 15/12/00 at 23:45
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
The survey results have been collated (no recounts were required) and the results are now presented:

We had a total of 10 (ten) eligible responses.

Results:
1) Average number of hours per week playing games?

2) Where in the house consoles/pc's are used?
30% of gamers had consoles in storage.
80% of gamers had consoles in the same room as a bed.

3) Do gamers have exclusive rights to their console?
Only 40% of the time.

4) Do gamers let gaming affect other life activities?
50% of the time.

5) Tomorrow's lottery numbers?
5 and 29 seem to be popular.

Interpretation:
70% of gamers don't take surveys seriously.
4 Shredded Wheat is excessive.
100% of gamers like to post on forums.
Most gamers breathe oxygen at some time.
Only 30% of gamers can answer 5 questions in a row.
Mobile phones are carcinogenic.
The link between consoles and beds needs further investigation.

Summary:
A new survey will be devised and posted at a future date to investigate these matters further. See "Survey 2".

Thankyou to all those who cooperated. These findings have been collated under strict scientific conditions and subjected to rigorous analysis. A thesis on 'The Anatomy of The Gamer' will be published by Puffin at a later date and will be available in all good bookstores.
Thu 14/12/00 at 22:09
1) hmmmmm 2-3 hours a day times seven equals 14-21 hours approx unless i get into a good game ie when im playing tomb raider or MGS

2)My PS2 is in me livingroom under my widescreen tv, my PC can go anywhere because it is a LAPTOP

3)yup exclusive its Mine i bought it

4)definatly when i play Final fantasy i dont go any where.

5)1,2,3,4,5,6 there keep using them until they work
Tue 12/12/00 at 21:11
"Uzi Lover"
1. Over 4 hours a week, depends if I am into one or not. I mostly chat to mates on da net!

2. The PC is in my living room (new one in room soon with wicked specs) My DC is the widescreen surround sound tv in da living room (Quake 3 sounds wicked) My N64 is in my room and the Amiga 600, Amiga CD 32 and Master System are stuck in the loft somewhere :)!

3. I spend alot of my SPARE time playing games or I play with my mates, I always play games its a hobbie! My social life comes first though,games are not as important.

4. I dunno how many numbers there are!
Sun 10/12/00 at 23:30
Regular
"not dead"
1) Varies. Sometimes none, sometimes many. That's family life for you.
2) Living room. On 28" widescreen TV.
3) Currently borrowing my bro's N64, so that I can play loZMM, before giving him it 4 xmas. PC is sometimes also used by my beautiful wife Lisa.
4) No, a lack of money has ruined my social life!
5) Ask Harry.
Sun 10/12/00 at 18:28
Regular
"I like cheese"
PlayStation in my room, Mega Drive in my brother's room, PC in my dining room and Gameboy in my draw.
Sun 10/12/00 at 17:39
Regular
Oh er... i have my N64 in my room, with all my games in there and my old SNES and NES underneath my bed in a box.
Sun 10/12/00 at 17:38
Regular
It's stopping you from typing in caps, that's all.

I don't think FantasyMeister will be best pleased when he sees what we've done to his topic...
Sun 10/12/00 at 17:37
Regular
I AM ShouTING!
Sun 10/12/00 at 17:36
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
DING (it's because it is in capitals, and people may think you are shouting - not because it is abusive!!!) Twerp.
Sun 10/12/00 at 17:36
Regular
DING......

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.