GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where Are You From?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/09/08 at 18:28
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Name Profiler

I wanted to link to this a few weeks ago but the site was down. Essentially you put your surname into the search engine and it tells you the "origins" or locations where that surname is most prevalent. There are some other tools on the site but i've not checked them yet.
Sun 07/09/08 at 01:54
Regular
"Mooching around"
Heh, I have the most common first name to my last :)

Oddly, the most popular country is New Zealand, where I want to move to to retire/live.
Sat 06/09/08 at 21:36
Regular
Completely unbelievably, Williams is 'Celtic', belongs to the 'Welsh' subgroup, and the language is 'Welsh'.

It appears to come from a few miles from where I live.

I'm not sure if I was really expecting much different.
Sat 06/09/08 at 21:06
"Was the man of marz"
Just as I thought, originated in Ireland, spread across Europe and to North America (Australia/New Zealand etc) although oddly it also came up with Argentina and India.
Sat 06/09/08 at 19:56
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Oddly popular in Switzerland, but my surname does happen to be a German word, so it's not that surprising. Most common in East Anglia in terms of the UK, which isn't surprising as many of my ancestors came from that region.
Sat 06/09/08 at 19:49
Regular
"Monochromatic"
The Northwest of England for me. No suprise. Quite of lot of us in Australia and New Zealand though so i suppose my ancestors were big into crime. Strangely Argentina is mentioned highly as well.
Sat 06/09/08 at 19:43
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Nin wrote:
> Name
> Profiler

>
> I wanted to link to this a few weeks ago but the site was down.
> Essentially you put your surname into the search engine and it
> tells you the "origins" or locations where that surname
> is most prevalent. There are some other tools on the site but
> i've not checked them yet.

Seems a very 'unfinished' site - but did confirm my origins - SE Eire and New Zealand:)
Sat 06/09/08 at 18:28
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Name Profiler

I wanted to link to this a few weeks ago but the site was down. Essentially you put your surname into the search engine and it tells you the "origins" or locations where that surname is most prevalent. There are some other tools on the site but i've not checked them yet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.