GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I QUIT!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/09/08 at 22:02
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
...is what I would have loved to have said today.

But it would appear that I have written my notice and handed it over to my useless manager.

In two weeks time I will be a free man...although it looks like I will be christmas temping at GAME again.

Do I feel happy..no. Absoultely dreading the prospect of unemployment more than I am going in tomorrow and having to face everybody (but then again, I dread every day at that place). But on the flip side, you'll have me back again contributing to freeola :)
Thu 04/09/08 at 22:02
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
...is what I would have loved to have said today.

But it would appear that I have written my notice and handed it over to my useless manager.

In two weeks time I will be a free man...although it looks like I will be christmas temping at GAME again.

Do I feel happy..no. Absoultely dreading the prospect of unemployment more than I am going in tomorrow and having to face everybody (but then again, I dread every day at that place). But on the flip side, you'll have me back again contributing to freeola :)
Thu 04/09/08 at 22:43
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
who needs a job when you have us?
Fri 05/09/08 at 08:00
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Tricey wrote:
> who needs a job when you have us?

Fri 05/09/08 at 18:36
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
hippyman wrote:
> Tricey wrote:
> who needs a job when you have us?
>
> Thanks :) Looking forward to spending more time here!

Certainly missed you, but sorry about the job. Some are like that and you've just got to go with the old 'gut feeling'. Unfortunately, you won't be able to claim benefit for some time as you resigned:(

But nevertheless, good to have you back. Bristol Rovers will play Leicester soon:)
Sat 06/09/08 at 16:18
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Dragonlance wrote:
> Certainly missed you, but sorry about the job. Some are like
> that and you've just got to go with the old 'gut feeling'.
> Unfortunately, you won't be able to claim benefit for some time
> as you resigned:(
>
> But nevertheless, good to have you back. Bristol Rovers will
> play Leicester soon:)

Glad to be missed :) So I'm sure I'll be back around. I gave them double the notice required, so that I could get a few extra weeks worth of money along with a bit extra time to find the right job.

Went into my local GAME the other day and asked about temping there - an the manager said it would be fine (although it happened more like "Toni, guess what? Jason's coming back to help us. Scare away any other applicants"). So that will tie me over financially whilst looking for work.

And yes, they will play each other soon. Rovers suffered a 5-4 defeat away to peterborough today :S Shouldn't have lost really...watched it on sky. Will you be going to that match Dragonlance? May make the trip as one of my away games this season...
Sat 06/09/08 at 16:53
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
hippyman wrote:

Will you be going to that match
> Dragonlance? May make the trip as one of my away games this
> season...

Saturday 1st November at Walkers Stadium - maybe, but Mrs Dragonlance going to Boston USA at end of that month! Could offer to take her shopping there - a new centre opened this week (September), drop her off for a few hours and come to the game, while I wait for her to finish!! Sounds good HM - let you know.
Sat 06/09/08 at 17:38
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Sounds good. Just need to find a way to get there. Sure I can find a way...convince the team to take me :p Be good if we could sort something.
Tue 16/09/08 at 19:03
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
3 days!!!!! 3 days and I'm free!!!!!!

But a lesson learnt for the future...never give more notice than what you have to give. I would have finished last Friday otherwise :S

Good news, I got offered an interview as an Opthalmic Science Practitioner at the Bristol Eye Hospital and hopefully it'll be a successful one (I ticked all the boxes on the person specification and the job role abilities/knowledge) so fingers crossed I'll be successful.

Just a warning though - next Monday, there will a be a bored hippyman on the forums...
Tue 16/09/08 at 19:10
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
hippyman wrote:
> 3 days!!!!! 3 days and I'm free!!!!!!
>
> But a lesson learnt for the future...never give more notice than
> what you have to give. I would have finished last Friday
> otherwise :S
>
> Good news, I got offered an interview as an Opthalmic Science
> Practitioner at the Bristol Eye Hospital and hopefully it'll be a
> successful one (I ticked all the boxes on the person
> specification and the job role abilities/knowledge) so fingers
> crossed I'll be successful.
>
> Just a warning though - next Monday, there will a be a bored
> hippyman on the forums...

Nice one HM, good luck with the next interview. However, how do you connect building societies and opthalmic science practitioners?
Tue 16/09/08 at 20:01
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Ha, didn't think of that. Well, moving from a sales based role to a more caring role. I hate the fact I have to "be nice" in order to get something out of the customer.

Should have really been in a medical or caring role to start with so hopefully this one will be pretty good :) Cheers DL :p

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.