GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Religion - is it okay to pick and choose what to believe?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/09/08 at 10:55
Regular
It confuses me how some religious people can pick and choose what they want to believe in. Surely you don't have a choice?

I have lots of family and friends who are religious. Infact I was brought up a christian and went to a C of E primary school. One thing I notice a lot is how they pick and choose what they want to believe and what they don't want to believe. Is this common amongst christians and catholics in this country?

Are you still catholic if you have sex before marriage? Are you still a christian if you're gay? How can you be catholic and believe in horoscopes? Is it possible for you to believe in evolution and still be religious? Or be a big science fiction nerd? :D Or even follow a religion created by a big science fiction nerd?
Sat 06/09/08 at 20:29
Regular
"Monochromatic"
You know those people we're referring to...

i'm speechless
Sat 06/09/08 at 21:47
Regular
Nin wrote:
> You know those people we're referring to...
>
> i'm
> speechless

"Evolution is a route to atheism and communism."

"Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!"
Sat 06/09/08 at 21:56
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Indeed, Karl Marx was an evolutionist and a communist, therefore all evolutionists are communists. Brilliant
Sat 06/09/08 at 22:09
Regular
The sad thing is there are lots of Americans (well not just Americans) like this today. I remember watching some debates on TV here and it wasn't so different. I wonder if its on YouTube aswell.

This reminds me of a late night debate show with on ITV (might have been just Central). Lots of people shouting their opinions at each other with that guy from WatchDog (Nick Something) trying to calm everyone down.
Sun 07/09/08 at 11:30
"Was the man of marz"
Machie wrote:
> This reminds me of a late night debate show with on ITV (might
> have been just Central). Lots of people shouting their opinions
> at each other with that guy from WatchDog (Nick Something) trying
> to calm everyone down.

That does ring a bell. Was there an episode with soap actresses, being told by fat blokes that their jobs where basically useless (as apposed to only appearing on topical shows that are so bad they can only be broadcast when no one's likely to watch them). My favourite was lottery winners, being by others that they where in fact poor, because they didn't have religion in their lives.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.