GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"September 10th - The End of the World?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/09/08 at 14:02
"possibly impossible"
Article

CERN, the particle-physics center, will flick the switch on it’s Large Hadron Collider (LHC) on September 10th. This might not mean much to you, but it’s had a fair number of people worried for a while.

The idea is that by using this machine, scientists hope to find the ‘god particle’ or Higgs boson which will take particle physics into new directions and may give them the answers to research in to Black Holes, dimesional possibility and many other exciting prospects.

But what has really hit the news is the research (sometimes not quite scientific) that shows what could really happen if things go wrong. The most prolific of these ideas is that the LHC would create a Black Hole big enough to start swallowing the Earth. To show what this could be like, some inventive mind has put this together.

Other internet sites worth a read, if only for comedic value, such as this one spell out several ways we could be wiped out.

But the scientists who run the project are 100% confident that none of this is possible and the research will create very little in the way of harmful effects for the Earth. After all, what can go wrong with a prototype device and unknown science?
Wed 10/09/08 at 22:09
Regular
"eat toast!"
I look forward in the future to build my own planet ruled by me, all my things diamond tipped or gold plated and maybe a perfect earth where ozone and pollution will be a thing of the past.

Hell, heres hoping the experiements aren't a big waste of time.
Wed 10/09/08 at 11:58
"Was the man of marz"
Did anyone see the Q & A with the media afterwards? Fat bloke waddled up, they clocked him, daily mail so he was completely shunned.

Superb
Wed 10/09/08 at 11:44
"Are you sure?"
pb wrote:
> What you all don't realise is that we have actually all been
> sucked in to a parallel universe.
>
> Pretty soon you'll see the results of this when the pink bunnies
> start hopping out of your hedge and the birds hold their annual
> conference on human control...

Too much Dr Who! ;¬P

Search Freeola Chat
Wed 10/09/08 at 11:36
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Bleh, i had an appointment i wanted to get out of today as well.
Wed 10/09/08 at 11:27
"possibly impossible"
What you all don't realise is that we have actually all been sucked in to a parallel universe.

Pretty soon you'll see the results of this when the pink bunnies start hopping out of your hedge and the birds hold their annual conference on human control...
Wed 10/09/08 at 10:32
Regular
"THFC"
lol - yea i know, i wouldnt of had to come to work!
Wed 10/09/08 at 10:17
Regular
"Opposable thumbs"
MASSIVE DISAPOINTMENT

I was expecting to wake up, have my breakfast, and see black holes floating around outside the conservatory. This has put a big downer on my day.
Wed 10/09/08 at 09:58
Regular
Well we ain't all dead! YAY!
Wed 10/09/08 at 08:22
Regular
"eat toast!"
there is also a possability that the whole experiment was a waste of time as it doesn't work and nothing happens. but we'll know soon enough...

count down to (maybe) THE END OF THE WORLD!
Wed 10/09/08 at 00:23
Regular
Also Timmargh found this, might be useful, basically it's a website updating the status of the LHC and it's affect on Earth:

I imagine it might reassure a few people.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.