GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does anyone read books?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/09/08 at 12:07
Regular
Might you be tempted to spend £199 tomorrow with the launch of the Sony Reader? It's just like Amazons Kindle (which we still dont have). It can store up to 160 ebooks and even plays mp3s.

I think my mum count use one as she's always having problems reading small print books and this allows you to increase the text size.
Tue 02/09/08 at 23:59
Regular
A2 English was ridiculously easy last year, didn't read any books for the wider reading but nailed the A overall. We did Romantic poetry which sounds about as good as P&P..
Tue 02/09/08 at 23:50
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Alfonse the Turtle wrote:
> I'm reading Pride and Prejudice right now!
>
> Quite possibly the worst book of all time =(

Err what did you expect?
Tue 02/09/08 at 23:48
Regular
tnc wrote:
> A level English is that?

Uh huh.
Tue 02/09/08 at 23:44
Regular
I was going on the assumption that people would rather pay to have a book in front of them if it's something they hadn't read rather than get the electronic version but then it wasn't the best of points..

Really all I was trying to get across was that it's an overpriced bit of crap, anything else is subject to making me sound like an idiot
Tue 02/09/08 at 23:41
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
tnc wrote:
> So you pay money to buy a machine which you then have to spend
> money on to download books you already owned in your house

Yep because obviously you wouldnt do anything like buy books you've not read. That would be totally ridiculous.
Tue 02/09/08 at 23:39
Regular
A level English is that?
Tue 02/09/08 at 23:36
Regular
I'm reading Pride and Prejudice right now!

Quite possibly the worst book of all time =(
Tue 02/09/08 at 23:35
Regular
Blugh. I just spent time rephrasing the points other people made. If only I could of uploaded the thoughts directly from my head and saved all that thinking and wasting time writing nonsense
Tue 02/09/08 at 23:31
Regular
So you pay money to buy a machine which you then have to spend money on to download books you already owned in your house, but this time taking comfort in the knowledge you spent £200 on a new gadget which actually requires you to charge and buy batteries for. Never mind though, at least this way all those heavy books and horrible opportunity to do something other than stare at a screen can be filed away into the past, along with all the other pointless pieces of techno-pointlessness that actually make something easy and enjoyable complicated, expensive and annoying.
Tue 02/09/08 at 23:02
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
ebooks?

If it cant give you a papercut, its not a real book.
Books are for breaks from the screen, not to be read on screen.

Kids these days with their technology and their download this, upload that. pah!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.