GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GBA competitor!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/11/02 at 21:25
Regular
Sega and Nokia have teamed up to create the N-Gage - a mobile phone style of thing where you insert games into the back rather than download them. Nice. Looks like a cross between the GBA and that weird looking sideways Nokia phone. Anyhoo, just thought I'd post it. If it's already been mentioned then sorry, but I had a good look and I couldn't anything on it.
Tue 05/11/02 at 21:25
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Sega and Nokia have teamed up to create the N-Gage - a mobile phone style of thing where you insert games into the back rather than download them. Nice. Looks like a cross between the GBA and that weird looking sideways Nokia phone. Anyhoo, just thought I'd post it. If it's already been mentioned then sorry, but I had a good look and I couldn't anything on it.
Tue 05/11/02 at 21:27
Regular
as far as i know its a fake!
i got sent an email at work today but it looks so fake

prove me wrong someone, if it is real it would be pretty cool!!

the wonderswan and the GP32 handhelds look pretty cool too!
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=7&products_id=812&
Tue 05/11/02 at 21:34
Regular
Haven't you seen the adverts?

It may be something different but there is that advert where some woman is playing Super Hang On on her mobile phone.

Anyway, it can't compete with the GBA.

The GameGear was technically miles better than the Gameboy, bigger screen, full colours etc. Did crap though didn't it.
Tue 05/11/02 at 21:36
Regular
"Remember me?"
Whitestripes wrote:
> The GameGear was technically miles better than the Gameboy, bigger
> screen, full colours etc. Did crap though didn't it.

The fact that it needed 6 AA batteries didn't help it.
Tue 05/11/02 at 21:37
Regular
Most people had adaptors though.

Besdies, you just buy 6 rechargeables and and a recharger.
Tue 05/11/02 at 21:37
Regular
fair point

i liked the Lynx aswell!

but the GP32 does look good!
what happened to the Playstation handheld?
anyone else hear rumours of that a while back?

and, soz, i havent seen the adverts, ill keep my eye out though.
i just thought the pic i was sent looked really dodgy!
lol
Tue 05/11/02 at 21:38
Regular
"bit of a brain"
And they all needed replacing after about 2 hours.
Tue 05/11/02 at 21:47
Regular
The Wonderswan sells more in Japan than the Xbox does.
Tue 05/11/02 at 21:56
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
It's not fake and neither is it in anyway designed as a competitor to the GBA or any other handheld console. I don't think there are pictures available of a 'real' model yet but here's the press release from Nokia themselves.

http://press.nokia.com/PR/200211/880103_5.html

Almost all Nokia colour phones unveiled recently have a 128x128 pixel 4096 colour screen and can run J2ME (Java 2 Micro Edition) applications. All compatible phones will be able to run the same applications, Nokia or otherwise, with minor differences to cater for differet screen sizes and colour depths. The N-Gage has the same screen as their normal phones but has been designed to make playing the games on it more like a console.

It's nothing to do with the awful Motorola T720 (or whatever) that is currently invading the advert breaks in Return of the Jedi.
Tue 05/11/02 at 22:20
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I know it's not really a GBA competitor, but I had to put something that would make people check the topic out. Normally no one replies at all. And who knows what the future might hold for this lil' gizmo?

Okay, we all do......failure........

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.