GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A nice all consoles topic"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/12/00 at 07:41
Regular
Sooooo instaed of the usal wars. What games do people like on each console that they have played and why?
Think:

PSX: i liked Tekken 3 because of the shere game play and that it was easy to learn but hard to master and MGS because of the story line, shere brilience.

Dreamcast: I haven't played many games but one which was cool was Jet Set Radio just for the originality and the weird cooky graphics which are cool.

Megadrive: oooo long time go. Um Earthworm jim was cool, thikn i liked that because of it was funny and different, aloso liked the earthwrm jim cartoons when i was about 11. So was some racing game ummm u had to buy weapons for your car by winning races, a nafe version came out on the PSX.

N64 havn't had my N64 for ages when i had it my favortie game was Goldeneye I plyed that all day and night till i got the exytra level thing up where i could change things like the enemy's accuracy. and when i done that i just played multi-player all time.

Snes: i liked Mario Kart, jus coz how fun it was and the slit 2 player screen.

Nes: (back now) Mario games i think, revolutionary gameing then.

and finally the PS2 so far my favortie games has to b SSX just the sheer graphics and speed is awesome, being able to see the the whole track without having pop-up.
Thu 07/12/00 at 20:12
My Top 3 faves for each are:

SNES: 1.Super Mario World 2. Secret Of Mana
3. Mario Kart

N64: 1.PD 2: DK64 3: Mario Tennis

PSX: 1. FF7 2:MGS 3:Tekken 3

PS2: Never played it, never want to....

GB: 1. Pokemon (IT is a good game) 2: MGS
3: LOZ: Links Awakening DX
Thu 07/12/00 at 15:50
The first game I remember playing was Monopoly on the Amstrad CPC - a classic. Though not on a console, when I was 8 I never used it for anything but games ;)

Super Tennis on the SNES caught my eye. Great "pickup and play" gameplay that I still play today.

The original Donkey Kong Country on the SNES - better then Mario World in my opinion and looked great.

More recently, Tekken on the playstation - classic series of games. As someone else said, definately hard to master.

And perhaps the original Micro Machines games on each console.. great for multiplayer!
Thu 07/12/00 at 12:53
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
i would like to add an entry under my specrtum 48k list

school daze

mental or wot
Thu 07/12/00 at 12:07
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
I can't believe I forgot SF2!!! I paid £100 for an imported Japanese copy of this for my Super Famicom many years ago!!
And since lent the lot to someone at uni 4 years ago, and never saw him since. Huhhhh, that's opened up an old wound!
Thu 07/12/00 at 12:04
Regular
"Whatever!"
My choices would have to be:

PS2: At the moment SSX. It has great gameplay, brilliant graphics and is very challenging with plenty of long term appeal. Great feeling of freedom aswell.

PSX: Gran Turismo 2. This is one of the best games ever made value wise. There is so much to get through and gameplay wise it is unbeatable. It handles a treat, looks great and will last for years.

DC: Shenmue is perhaps the best game ever produced. It is an unmissable experience with the most breathtaking visuals seen and has the most interactive enviroment yet. Gameplay is simple and playing it is a dream.

N64: I actually prefer Goldeneye to Perfect Dark. Probably because it is more believable and you get the chance to be Bond. I still play this game and it never grows old and is always perfect gameplay wise, specially multiplayer.

SNES: Street Fighter II Turbo, the greatest beat em up in history!! This kind of started the trend and even now cannot be beaten. Some of the best characters in a video game, some memorable music and excellent moves/combos.

MD: The very first FIFA Soccer. A brilliant game of footy for its day, totaly revolutionised the genre. Felt like a proper game of football, realistic animation, cool isometric angle, unforgetable goals, easy to get into and some nice crowd chants. Just a shame EA lost their way over the years.

MS: Olympic Gold. This was very addictive, only seven events but they all played and looked fantastic. Straight forward controls, too easy for one player, better with two.

NES: Super Mario 3. The best out the lot, absolutely huge game. Played perfectly. So much to get through and was a typical Nintendo game through and through

GBC: At the moment Metal Gear Solid is my favourite GB game. It feels just like the PSX version, it is challenging and will last a considerable time. Great game.
Thu 07/12/00 at 12:03
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
Good topic!!
Atari 800XL : Keystone Cops, Gunfight, Ballblazer, Montezumas Revenge.
Gameboy: Tetris, Tennis, Golf.
Gameboy Color: Mario Golf, MGS, Zelda.
Megadrive: Golden Axe, Sonic.
SNES: Final Fantasy 2&3 (5&6 in Japan), Soul Blazer, Sim City, Pilotwings, Mario Kart, Super Mario world.
PSX: ISS, Final Fantasy 7, Parrapa, Everybodys Golf, Res Evil.
PSX2: ISS, SSX.
Jamma Supergun / Arcade: Green Beret, Track & Field 1 + 2, Jungle Hunt, WWF Superstars, Nemesis.
A top selection!!
Thu 07/12/00 at 11:33
Regular
"not dead"
I had Space Harrier on the Sega Master System. There might have been an improved version for the Megadrive, but I don't know. It was a top game though!
Thu 07/12/00 at 11:30
I think Space Harrier was an old Arcade gameso it was most likely on the megadrive.
Thu 07/12/00 at 11:13
These are my favourites:

NES: Anything Mario

SNES: Not sure about this one, never owned one.

MEGADRIVE: Sonic 1 & 2.

PSX: Tekken 2 & 3

PS2: So far it has got to be.............. Fantavision!

There was also a game called SPACE HARRIER on one system, but i cannot remember which system it was. If you know which system it was on could you please let me know.
Thu 07/12/00 at 10:43
hey! way of the exploding fist.....how about a forward somersault/backward high kick combo! If done correctly....no can defence! go find balance, Daniel-san.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.