GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Machie's Common Courtesy Lesson 1"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/08/08 at 22:29
Regular
When you're sitting on a bus or train and you notice a pregnant woman/elderly person or a mother with an infant getting on, please stand up and offer your seat. Especially if you're sitting at the front where there are signs advising you to do so.

There have been times I would be sitting by the window in the middle of the bus and have to ask the person next to me if I could get up so I could offer my seat to an old lady standing at the front because all the kids down there wouldn't budge.

Its much worse in Singapore, but then thats a city so it's probably the same in London (Nin?). When the MRT (tube) got busy, all the seats would be taken up and even if you were a pregnant old lady with an infant I don't think anyone would have offered you a seat. Well there were some who'd offer but the majority of the time, everyone just ignored everyone else. Sometimes I would offer my seat to an elderly person and have to stop people trying to pinch it as soon as I got up. They just didn't care. :/

So thats lesson 1, keep an eye out for lesson 2: If you must call someone during a coach trip, make it short, do not chat for half an hour and then make another phone call because that just ticks me off!
Wed 27/08/08 at 22:29
Regular
When you're sitting on a bus or train and you notice a pregnant woman/elderly person or a mother with an infant getting on, please stand up and offer your seat. Especially if you're sitting at the front where there are signs advising you to do so.

There have been times I would be sitting by the window in the middle of the bus and have to ask the person next to me if I could get up so I could offer my seat to an old lady standing at the front because all the kids down there wouldn't budge.

Its much worse in Singapore, but then thats a city so it's probably the same in London (Nin?). When the MRT (tube) got busy, all the seats would be taken up and even if you were a pregnant old lady with an infant I don't think anyone would have offered you a seat. Well there were some who'd offer but the majority of the time, everyone just ignored everyone else. Sometimes I would offer my seat to an elderly person and have to stop people trying to pinch it as soon as I got up. They just didn't care. :/

So thats lesson 1, keep an eye out for lesson 2: If you must call someone during a coach trip, make it short, do not chat for half an hour and then make another phone call because that just ticks me off!
Wed 27/08/08 at 22:41
Regular
"Monochromatic"
In general people will give up their seats on the bus here. However, i have to admit that it's something i've been getting really sick of recently. I used to be a lot more charitable but it's the attitude of the elders thats really started to irritate me and mean i'm less likely to help if i'm not in a good mood or my back is hurting. I'm utterly sick of standing up on a bus listening to ungrateful pensioners mouthing off about how the youth of today are a disgrace. I'll always give up my seat to people with young kids, as long as they're not mouthy hateful breeders.
Thu 28/08/08 at 01:32
Regular
How can you spot a breeder in a crowd by the way? Do you wave condoms in the air and see who isn't interested?
Thu 28/08/08 at 02:19
Regular
"Monochromatic"
1. If their number of kids outnumbers pram capacity
2. If they have the old Croydon facelift
3. If they sound like a reject off Eastenders
4. If they're more concerned with talking on their phone than dealing with their kids as they run off down the other end of the bus.
5. If they get into an argument with the first person they meet on the bus (this one is common)

These are just general guides off the top of my head, there are others. Anyone caught wearing a matching tracksuit, anyone whose kids are called BRITNAYYYYY, STACEAAAAAAAAAY basically anything ending in AAAAAAAAY. Next time i see one i'll make notes
Thu 28/08/08 at 04:07
Regular
I was making notes today about seeing if girls who had big a***s were better horse riders than girls with small a***s

I came to no definite conclusion
Thu 28/08/08 at 10:12
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I would have thought the large area mass and increased downward weight would be equal to more friction and grip.
Thu 28/08/08 at 10:26
"I BE A PIRATE"
I be on a water bus one time and not be given a seat. I have a woode' leg and the waves Arrr, made me feel sick Aye, me parrot concurs
Thu 28/08/08 at 10:44
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
You must dislike Boris Johnson: you can't drink rum on the underground anymore! :(

I always give up my seat if there's a woman standing, I also let everyone else get on the bus before me, though some people don't need much encouragement to skip ahead in the queue. :-P
Thu 28/08/08 at 11:12
Regular
"Hello?"
I have to admit I'll give up my seat to pregnant women and people with kids etc, or really old frail people who can barely walk. BUT, old people pay next to nothing or even nothing to travel on public transport where as I pay full whack as I'm a young working person.

Shouldn't the sign read

'please offer your seat to people paying for this transport service'

Well that's my view if I'm a bit ratty or just tired, usually I'd give up my seat just depends on how I'm feeling. I guess when I get old and frail I'd appreciate the gesture and I guess that's why I usually do, just sometimes you get no thank you or appreciation, which really winds me up, like people just expect it....
Thu 28/08/08 at 15:14
"Was the man of marz"
Silent Thunder wrote:
> You must dislike Boris Johnson: you can't drink rum on the
> underground anymore!

You still can as there is no one to enforce it. Compared to Ken Boris the bear is an absolute saint. Here's the sort of propaganda Londoners had to put up with from Livingstone.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.