GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Machie's Common Courtesy Lesson 1"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/08/08 at 22:29
Regular
When you're sitting on a bus or train and you notice a pregnant woman/elderly person or a mother with an infant getting on, please stand up and offer your seat. Especially if you're sitting at the front where there are signs advising you to do so.

There have been times I would be sitting by the window in the middle of the bus and have to ask the person next to me if I could get up so I could offer my seat to an old lady standing at the front because all the kids down there wouldn't budge.

Its much worse in Singapore, but then thats a city so it's probably the same in London (Nin?). When the MRT (tube) got busy, all the seats would be taken up and even if you were a pregnant old lady with an infant I don't think anyone would have offered you a seat. Well there were some who'd offer but the majority of the time, everyone just ignored everyone else. Sometimes I would offer my seat to an elderly person and have to stop people trying to pinch it as soon as I got up. They just didn't care. :/

So thats lesson 1, keep an eye out for lesson 2: If you must call someone during a coach trip, make it short, do not chat for half an hour and then make another phone call because that just ticks me off!
Thu 04/09/08 at 08:00
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Dragonlance wrote:
> How you really doing? Missing your sparkling wit and repartee on
> the forum:) Stick at it and be yourself - you'll be recognised
> and rewarded one day by the powers that be.

It's an absolute nightmare. Lets say I can't really say goo thing about my company. All the staf are talking behin one anothers' backs, the manager can't find her bottom even if she used both hands, sales targets are ridiculously high and I'm on the frontline on the Nationwide-customer war on the ISA front:
Click Here.

And its a pleasure to find out that I have been missed - and may be back on here soon as plan to be giving my notice in today...
Tue 02/09/08 at 23:38
Regular
Marzman wrote:

> The last one to do so (that I can remember) was a short story.
> Now furious rants are doing so this place could become
> interesting.

It already seems a lot more lively in here than it was a month or so back
Tue 02/09/08 at 23:00
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
Reading this thread back, we're all getting old.

we're still the most awesome people ever.

but we're getting old.
Tue 02/09/08 at 20:54
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Garin wrote:
> Being rude and ignorant is the best thing about being old. Old
> age needs some perks. :)

To a certain extent, agreed, but with a modicum of respect and wit I fear.
Age supposedly brings 'knowledge' and 'restraint', however if you never had them in the first place, then old or not, being rude and ignorant is not acceptable:)
Tue 02/09/08 at 20:07
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Being rude and ignorant is the best thing about being old. Old age needs some perks. :)
Tue 02/09/08 at 19:41
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Alfonse the Turtle wrote:
> Gosh, young people and their refusal to give up seats for others
> on public transport. Just another fine example of our country's
> declining moral standards! They'll be wearing drainpiped trousers
> and smoking the cracked variant of cocaine next =O

I was thinking about the older generation, actually:)
Tue 02/09/08 at 19:31
Regular
Gosh, young people and their refusal to give up seats for others on public transport. Just another fine example of our country's declining moral standards! They'll be wearing drainpiped trousers and smoking the cracked variant of cocaine next =O
Tue 02/09/08 at 19:20
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
hippyman wrote:>
> Common courtesy...should be not speaking down to people all the
> time, which is what I see happen all the time. It's annoying and
> unnecessary*.

You are so right but what age group seems to be the biggest offenders? Unfortunately I can probably guess your answer:)

> *I've got mind block at the moment...stressful day of the
> above and doing too much in too little time - but is unnecessary
> a real word? I swear it is, but the more I think about it the
> more I'm doubting myself...*

How you really doing? Missing your sparkling wit and repartee on the forum:) Stick at it and be yourself - you'll be recognised and rewarded one day by the powers that be.
Tue 02/09/08 at 18:50
"Was the man of marz"
Machie wrote:
> This is a great reminder for you all that chat posts can also
> win you a GAD.

The last one to do so (that I can remember) was a short story. Now furious rants are doing so this place could become interesting.
Tue 02/09/08 at 18:01
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
..and replying to a facebook message...

I really need to get around to sorting out my laptop to send proper messages again in facebook...I haven't forgotten about you Machie - I promise!

Common courtesy...should be not speaking down to people all the time, which is what I see happen all the time. It's annoying and unnecessary*.

*I've got mind block at the moment...stressful day of the above and doing too much in too little time - but is unnecessary a real word? I swear it is, but the more I think about it the more I'm doubting myself...*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.