GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What position do you play?...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/11/02 at 17:33
Regular
Right, I hope i would of thought play footy with your mates (If u have some that is) And play a good game, But a simple question

"What position do u play in?"

Well? Its a simple question to a simple answer :) (Back to school eh)

Anyway, I play in Right-back and love sweeping forward to mid :D which i just love doing as...i just do, I know most of people play wherever they like but, what position do you pefer...

So post your position! :)
Tue 05/11/02 at 11:21
"Darkness, always"
I play left or centre midfield. prefer left, and love making crosses while at a full sprint, it's so natural getting a good hook on the ball. Looks jazzy from my angle anyway.

Skills are a bit rusty these days though, hardly played football in about 6 years, after picking up a seemingly incurable ankle injury.
Tue 05/11/02 at 10:43
Regular
"Long time no see!"
When I was playing for a local team I played EVERYWHERE (except in-goal) during my 3.5-4 year "career".

I started out as a defender, which didn't work-out at-all!
I was OK as a right-back though, good on the attacking-side, not so-good defending.

Then I got moved-up into midfield, starting in the center as an attack-minded midfielder knocking balls through and over-the-top for our over-weight, manager's son, captain and striker. I also took all the corners too - and even smacked the post once with an effort using the outside of my right-boot! Brilliant!! :D

I never did score for them though. :(
Came close so-many times, but I just didn't really have enough confidence.
I'm like that, you see.

I also played in the attack a few times during the first year or so, but I never got the chance to impress as we never really got any service!
I played OK there though, but I was better-suited to the midfield.
During my last 12 months with the club my potential was discovered as a right-footed left-winger. I was only played there in the first-place because our other left-footers sucked and the manager wanted my corners but we already had some new players in across the rest of the midfield.
At the end of my final season when we actually finnished THIRD (missing promotion by one place) we had at-least 25 players in our squad! Rediculous! I quit half-way through the season along with others as we just got fed-up as we weren't getting a look-in and our manager wasn't reducing the numbers.

I then went back to play AGAINST my team in my last-ever club-match to-date - for the team of the year above. We won that one easily, and I did OK as a right-wing back - set-up a nice goal too. :)

God I miss playing football!! :'(
Mon 04/11/02 at 21:54
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
A very few goalies in the SR forums :) And alot of mid and strikers. heh, Thats life :)
Mon 04/11/02 at 21:20
Regular
"Bobba you"
Goalie.

On a good day give me some gloves, and I'd be exellent.

On a bad day I'd be like David James!! ;-)
Mon 04/11/02 at 20:53
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Manda†are wrote:
> I play in Right-back and love sweeping forward to mid :D which
> i just love doing as...i just do
>
> I play for the Bristol academy of football. I do ssweep but am usually
> forced back by the Coach Pete Mackey. Anyway, on Wednesday i have a
> game against Penbury. They are Welsh and we will kill them. :D

Good luck :D

*Staps on your shoulder* Killing isn't the answer to everything :)
Mon 04/11/02 at 20:41
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I play, or used to play defence left or right sided with the odd run or 2 into midfield to defend.
I generally steer clear of tackling anyone, but I make up for it by being a good intercepter of the ball and marker.
In front of goal I happen to be a bit of a donkey and don't score many goals.
I usually get put in goal if nobody else is there.
Mon 04/11/02 at 20:37
I use to play center mid. I used to be the Beckham of any team I joined people would get the ball and give it to me and I used to spray it around.
Mon 04/11/02 at 20:06
I play left wing, i love swinging balls in to the box for my other team mates to get the ball in the back of the net.
Mon 04/11/02 at 20:06
I play left wing, i love swinging balls in to the box for my other team mates to get the ball in the back of te net.
Mon 04/11/02 at 19:49
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
My best position is striker but I'm a very capable defender although I don't quite get the buzz unless I'm scoring goals.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.