GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Top of the Pops"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/11/02 at 20:09
Regular
Just watched this weeks, because RHCP and The Calling were on. Something annoys me. That Nelly song is still top. Right, here's something I don't get. Fair enough, less famous rock stuff doesn't get No 1, but The Zephyr Song and Adrienne were mainstream enough. I saw ads in HMV for ages for those two singles. And for Idlewild's Live In A Hiding Place, and that didn't even get in the Top 20.

The Ketchup Song, whatever that is, was No 4. Stupid stupid.

In other news, Robert Carlyle is in the Oasis vid. Being small then larger. It made me laugh.
Sat 02/11/02 at 12:46
"...Unicef pennies.."
Top of the Pops has gotten a lot better in recent months though. Sure, the top of the charts is still plagued with teeny bopper sh*te, but they have had some good bands on, and they've played live.

Examples:

Foo Fighters - All My Life
RHCP - Zephyr Song & By the Way
Incubus - Wish you were here
Feeder - Come back around (although i don't think this was totally live.. :( )

etc

You just have to remeber to only watch on the weeks after a single has been released by a band that you like!
Sat 02/11/02 at 12:36
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I wouldn't get tired of beating the hell out Nelly
Sat 02/11/02 at 12:06
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I stay well away from TOTP, it's rare they put a decent band up there, instead concentrating on all those talantless 'popstars' winners. Well it called top of the POPS, and pop music is one type of music I really hate.
Sat 02/11/02 at 11:50
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Personally I have no idea what song you're talking about... I practically never listen to the radio anymore, and I don't think I've ever watched a TOTP the whole way through.

On another note, the advert for that Manic Street Preachers best of album thing made me want to get it...
Sat 02/11/02 at 02:00
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Gabbo wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> That Nelly song is good, its catchy.
>
> I guess that's your opinion. I can't see why everyone likes it, I
> think it's a heap of crap, that's just me though.

Yeah, i guess you have to be into that RnB/Hip hop/Rap thing to enjoy it.
Sat 02/11/02 at 01:58
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
cookie monster wrote:
> That Nelly song is good, its catchy.

I guess that's your opinion. I can't see why everyone likes it, I think it's a heap of crap, that's just me though.
Sat 02/11/02 at 01:55
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
That Nelly song is good, its catchy.
Sat 02/11/02 at 00:43
Regular
"Excommunicated"
It's been said for years

Chart for the pop crap

Chart for decent stuff
Sat 02/11/02 at 00:35
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
I've never had faith in the english charts. The amount of songs that have done crap in the charts over the past few years is criminal really, here's a few I can think off the top of my head...

Black Rebel - Whatever Happened to My Rock N Roll -- This is such a brilliant, rocky song but I don't think it got in the top 40.

Oasis - Live Forever -- Now I may be wrong about this position but I think it only got to 13 or something, but it's arguably one of the best songs of our generation.

Strokes - Someday -- Think this got to about 25, when no doubt some poppy crap from Popstars was number one.

Athlete - You've Got The Style -- Got to number 37, why? I know they're not that well known yet but this song is just brilliant.

The list just goes on.

The British people are stupid. They seem to love the likes of Gareth Gates and Will Young, the scary thing is, I can't ever see these idiots not being popular.
Sat 02/11/02 at 00:20
Regular
"Excommunicated"
The Calling are bad

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.