GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THE FINAL ARGUEMENT"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/12/00 at 22:25
Regular
Well this is it, the one that we've all been waiting for.

Well, the one some... two, well, just one probably, have been anticipating for literally DAYS!

The Final Arguement

This of course, is the FINAL ARGUEMENT. These are the rules.

There we are, that's all the rules done and dusted with, now on to the argueing.

The best console ever. We are not here to give just statements, we are in this topic shout and scream, and generally not back down until we have won.

So, the best console.

The N64. That's me. The beautiful console, which has many EPIC games, and some superb mulitplayer games. Beats even the PS2 at this point, with it's feeble array of "games", it manages to sell, WOW, 17 COPIES OF SMUGGLERS RUN!

You should all be proud.

The Playstation? Utter sh**e. Overhyped, and dying faster than a shark in the desert. The "innvotive" sequel is equally overhyped, and most of the people that own one only wanted one because "everybody else is getting one"...

IF EVERYBODY ELSE IS GETTING ONE, WHY NOT PLAY ON THEIR MACHINE?

Of course, you probably won't get the chance, as they'll all be brought back in a few days, once their senses return.

And the games? As useless as a packet of six to the lone survivor after judgement day.

(By the way, this is all in fun, but this needs to be a rather large arguement, so take it seriously.)
Sun 11/02/01 at 09:52
"possibly impossible"
My 'Facts'

Sony are great boxshifters (reading that back, it sounds like an insult, but it isn't) The PSone was good at the time and wowed everyone, but now it can't keep up in the technology stakes, although the good games (which are roughly about half the games released) are still fun to play in the same way as emulated games or games from older consoles are. The PS2 is good, but only for the few games that are actually playable so far (this will change, but it's up to customers if they want to wait)

Sega, on the other hand, think word of mouth will sell their consoles (well, they don't now - but then it's a bit late for that isn't it.) but they have a machine that can hold on against the PS2 and which has a whole pile of classic games already available.

Nintendo are obviously gearing up for their new console, but seem to have done this for the last 5 years, as only a handful of releases seem to appear for the N64 every year. What does appear is mostly good, but SOME PEOPLE believe that a lot of it is designed for a target audience of below 10 year olds. The N64's graphics are starting to fade from the limelight, but they still hold their own in cutesy games.

My 'non-facts'

PSone? Mostly Boring. 4/10
PS2? Expensive and currently boring. 6/10 (possible 9/10 later)
DC? Fantastic - while it lasts. 9/10
N64 - A great multiplayer machine and good fun. 8/10

Winner: Dreamcast.

So there.
Sat 10/02/01 at 16:57
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Scooby Doo you mean?
Sat 10/02/01 at 15:40
Regular
The intelligent underdog, I say.
Sat 10/02/01 at 12:43
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Success is not nessecerily a indicator of quality. Look at Pokemon, FIFA, Flight Simulator, and Jane Greenhofs cross-stitching thingy.
Fri 09/02/01 at 16:54
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Playstation has seen more sucess than the N64 and Dreamcast Put together, do you know why? Because the games were good enough and cheap enough, people don't really care about ace graphics, they want graphics good enough to make the game enjoyable and that is what the playstation gave. The N64 would chuck out a Graphically sound every 3 months compared to the Playstation's Acceptable graphics game every 2 weeks, there a loads of Playstation titles and a lot of them are enjoyed by their owners. Who cares what a console looks like, the PSX is massive, the X-Box looks just as big, but they will both go down in history one way or another. You can judge a console by one part of it, overall, sales and popularity would suggest Sony and their Playstation as the best console ever to be released!

PS2 may not be quite as popular but then again neither was the Playstation when it first came out for £400. Give anything time and WITH THE RIGHT marketing it will be a success. Sega's Dreamcast was all well and good but if they had put even a fraction of production costs into advertising they wouldn't be in the hell hole they are in now, (with regards to Dreamcast production).

I am a Nintendo fan but the most successful console is the Playstation, regardless of looks speed or games!

The Game
Fri 09/02/01 at 14:45
"Darkness, always"
I think someone should start an argument over why the final argument failed so miserably...

-IB
Fri 09/02/01 at 14:44
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
X-Box will rule.
Fri 09/02/01 at 14:25
Regular
"not dead"
Wasn't really a very good final arguement, was it?
Wed 06/12/00 at 16:35
Regular
What did I say?
Wed 06/12/00 at 16:31
"High polygon count"
Yo, peace, bro!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.