GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THE FINAL ARGUEMENT"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/12/00 at 22:25
Regular
Well this is it, the one that we've all been waiting for.

Well, the one some... two, well, just one probably, have been anticipating for literally DAYS!

The Final Arguement

This of course, is the FINAL ARGUEMENT. These are the rules.

There we are, that's all the rules done and dusted with, now on to the argueing.

The best console ever. We are not here to give just statements, we are in this topic shout and scream, and generally not back down until we have won.

So, the best console.

The N64. That's me. The beautiful console, which has many EPIC games, and some superb mulitplayer games. Beats even the PS2 at this point, with it's feeble array of "games", it manages to sell, WOW, 17 COPIES OF SMUGGLERS RUN!

You should all be proud.

The Playstation? Utter sh**e. Overhyped, and dying faster than a shark in the desert. The "innvotive" sequel is equally overhyped, and most of the people that own one only wanted one because "everybody else is getting one"...

IF EVERYBODY ELSE IS GETTING ONE, WHY NOT PLAY ON THEIR MACHINE?

Of course, you probably won't get the chance, as they'll all be brought back in a few days, once their senses return.

And the games? As useless as a packet of six to the lone survivor after judgement day.

(By the way, this is all in fun, but this needs to be a rather large arguement, so take it seriously.)
Mon 04/12/00 at 22:25
Regular
Well this is it, the one that we've all been waiting for.

Well, the one some... two, well, just one probably, have been anticipating for literally DAYS!

The Final Arguement

This of course, is the FINAL ARGUEMENT. These are the rules.

There we are, that's all the rules done and dusted with, now on to the argueing.

The best console ever. We are not here to give just statements, we are in this topic shout and scream, and generally not back down until we have won.

So, the best console.

The N64. That's me. The beautiful console, which has many EPIC games, and some superb mulitplayer games. Beats even the PS2 at this point, with it's feeble array of "games", it manages to sell, WOW, 17 COPIES OF SMUGGLERS RUN!

You should all be proud.

The Playstation? Utter sh**e. Overhyped, and dying faster than a shark in the desert. The "innvotive" sequel is equally overhyped, and most of the people that own one only wanted one because "everybody else is getting one"...

IF EVERYBODY ELSE IS GETTING ONE, WHY NOT PLAY ON THEIR MACHINE?

Of course, you probably won't get the chance, as they'll all be brought back in a few days, once their senses return.

And the games? As useless as a packet of six to the lone survivor after judgement day.

(By the way, this is all in fun, but this needs to be a rather large arguement, so take it seriously.)
Mon 04/12/00 at 22:54
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I think i'll stick by the Dreamcast on this one people.

Massive releases coming out regularly. Plus of course like Nintendo, Sega come up with plenty of their own ideas for games and break new ground quite often now.
And of course this console is giving players the online experience and also breaking ground there with Phantasy Star Online on its way.

Plus i think the Dreamcast has done well in cleaning up after the last couple of consoles from Sega that did far from well.

PS2 has games such as MGS2 on the way, but the Dreamcast is not having any problems matching it (and in my opinion beating it) with its own releases.

Besides the hype, the PS2 is mainly selling on the reputation of the PS1. Its upto third party companies to keep that console alive. Sega and Nintendo are very skilled in creating their own games which helps them a lot.

Right now its Dreamcast all the way for me ;-)
Mon 04/12/00 at 22:57
Grix we all know that the N64 has the greatest games of all Time in "Zelda2-Majoras mask", "Goldeneye", "Mario 64" etc..
But the Playstation has some great games too such as Driver, The Resident Evil Series of Games, ISS Pro and ToyStory2.........woops did I say ToyStory2, yes I did. A Disney game thats fun to play and with clips from the movie (Which is also superb) its a laugh a minute. Back to the point, both great machines, but if I could only have One it would be the N64, but Im greedy so Ive got both.
Tue 05/12/00 at 18:11
Regular
"I like cheese"
As I know this is fun I will be as biased as hell. This should annoy some people {:)

>The N64. That's me. The beautiful console, which has many EPIC games, and some superb mulitplayer games. Beats even the PS2 at this point, with it's feeble array of "games", it manages to sell, WOW, 17 COPIES OF SMUGGLERS RUN! You should all be proud.

Beautiful my a**e!!! Many epic games??? Maybe 2 or 3!!!!!!
Superb Mulitplayer games?? The PSX Has loads more. The PS2 had the most games EVER at launch. Unlike the Nintendo-Very Poor (don't you love the name?!?!), which had... was it a slighty smaller amount of....3!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are top class games such as RR5, TTT, TimeSplitters and more, and soon to come The Bouncer, Knockout Kings 2001, FF 9, GT3, and the best game ever ever and no one will be able to beat it: Metal Gear Solid 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>The Playstation? Utter sh**e. Overhyped, and dying faster than a shark in the desert. The "innvotive" sequel is equally overhyped, and most of the people that own one only wanted one because "everybody else is getting one"... IF EVERYBODY ELSE IS GETTING ONE, WHY NOT PLAY ON THEIR MACHINE? Of course, you probably won't get the chance, as they'll all be brought back in a few days, once their senses return. And the games? As useless as a packet of six to the lone survivor after judgement day.

You really are talking out of your a**e, aren't you Grix???
The utter s***e but is sooooo untrue and stupid it doesn't even deserve a reply. Overhyped??? It is hyped because lods of people have a PSX and LOVE it!!! It's the best thing since...SUGAR!!!!!! With its great games, lovely graphics and brilliant gameplay, EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE A PLAYSTATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sequels are great, especially if its better than than the prequel. But Nintendo wouldn't know about that, would they?? The have hardly any decent games, let alone sequels to decent games!!! In fact, the N64 hardly has any games whatsoever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got one and so did everyone else as they had played it and thought it was brilliant.
The games are the best on any console ever. With MGS, GT2, FF, Crash, Spyro, F1 games and LOADS more, you can see why the PS2 did so much better than the pants N64.

The DC was pants, but its a lot better now. BUT IT WILL BE BEATEN BY THE PS2!!!!

So, the best console ever was the PSX. The new best console ever, is the PS2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for reading, Ant.
{:) "ONCE YOU POP, YOU CAN'T STOP!!" CLASSIQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tue 05/12/00 at 18:12
Regular
Tony said no more of this ********** okay?
Tue 05/12/00 at 18:16
Regular
"I like cheese"
It was Grix who started it.

Oh you mean these: ******************???????
Tue 05/12/00 at 18:21
Regular
I saw the words soon to come in the midsts of your babbling, and I would like to point out a few little things.

When the Gamecube comes out, next Christmas, it will have Zelda, Mario, Metriod, and loads of REALLY good games, far superior to MSG2, which is the only decent game actually coming to the console.

So while I wait one year for my console, as well as some truly EPIC games, you get lumbered with the furred place.

(Heh heh heh heh...)

And the only reasons why people are buying a crappy PS2 are:

Plays DVD's.
Play's all their old PS games as well.

NO OTHER REASONS!

The fact it plays PS2 games, is an "extra" to them! It's unbelievable!

So while I'll be happy learning about the many games I'll be playing in a year, you'll be depressed learning more about the game, that's been delayed seven times already, that you'll be playing in two years.
Tue 05/12/00 at 18:25
Regular
"I like cheese"
Errrrrrrrrrr.......no.
I'm getting a PS2 for the top class games like MGS2 (which will be loads better than the boring and repetitive Zelda and Metroid or whatever) and GT3. The DVD and the facts that it plays PSX games and that it looks better is an added bonus for me.
So while you wait for a year (or knowing Nintendo, 2-3 years), I will be playing classique games like TimeSplitters, GT3 and MGS2, which hasn't been delayed ONCE yet.

PS- This argument will get repetitive as I'm saying the same stuff as I said last time. Get some DC and X-BOX fans in here.
Tue 05/12/00 at 18:34
Nintendo are better, in fact, much better. The playstation has never had any analoge controllers, for example, The Nintendo 64 was the first console to use a 3-D stick.
Soon after, Sony made controllers with two 3-D sticks. And Sony complain about other companies copying them! Well if they are copying Nintendo and other companies, what do they expect? Sony also copied the Rumble feature from Nintendo and improved it by making it built in.
My friend had the choice wether to get a Playstation or a Nintendo 64. He chose Playstation because he thought he would get confused with the controles on the controller. When you play games though, you never get confused.
As for Sonys controller, aiming like in goldeneye would be very difficult, only using a D-pad.

All this suggests that Sony only did well , not because of the so-called brilliant games but the Controllers.
Tue 05/12/00 at 18:35
Regular
"I like cheese"
You're half right, but I keep saying this, THERE ARE SOME BRILLIANT GAMES FOR PSX!!!!
Also, I wouldn't call it copying. I'd call it using the technology that's available to them. Does that make Sega a copy too???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.