GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation ONE, Still The Worlds Most Popular Games Console."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/12/00 at 19:26
Regular
Playstation ONE, Still The Worlds Most Popular Games Console.

With Sony releasing the Playstation Two this Christmas, the Playstation One (The Original Playstation) has been a little overlooked. However Sony’s first step into the console market is still The Worlds, and Britain’s most Popular Games Console.
Plus, with so many Playstation One’s already out there, which presents a big userbase companies are likely to keep producing quality games for the next few years.
There’s never been a better time to own a Playstation One, with classic games such as Driver , MetalGearSolid , Crash Bandicoot 3 , Resident Evil 3 , Toy Story 2 and Tekken 3 now available for under £20. With many other great games such as Tomb Raider 2 even cheaper at only £9.99. Plus as the Playstation One has the largest selection of games available for any games console, meaning there are games available to cater for all tastes.

If you’ve never owned a Games Console the Playstation One is a good starting point, and can be picked up cheaply from Special Reserve for only £79.99. Heres what you get:

A Playstation One with a Dual Shock Controller, RF Lead Plus a Free Extra Controller and Free 1MB Memory Card.

As for those of us already lucky enough to own a Playstation One you’ll be glad to see that theres a load of great new releases available this for this Christmas, heres just a few of the great new games that are coming out this Christmas:

Driver 2 , Ready 2 Rumble Boxing Round 2 , 007 - The World Is Not Enough , DinoCrisis 2 , WWF Smackdown 2 , Medal of Honour Underground , Alien Resurrection , Tomb Raider 5 Chronicles.

So if your looking for a great console with some great games (at an affordable price) this Christmas then you cant go wrong with a Playstation One.
Mon 04/12/00 at 19:26
Playstation ONE, Still The Worlds Most Popular Games Console.

With Sony releasing the Playstation Two this Christmas, the Playstation One (The Original Playstation) has been a little overlooked. However Sony’s first step into the console market is still The Worlds, and Britain’s most Popular Games Console.
Plus, with so many Playstation One’s already out there, which presents a big userbase companies are likely to keep producing quality games for the next few years.
There’s never been a better time to own a Playstation One, with classic games such as Driver , MetalGearSolid , Crash Bandicoot 3 , Resident Evil 3 , Toy Story 2 and Tekken 3 now available for under £20. With many other great games such as Tomb Raider 2 even cheaper at only £9.99. Plus as the Playstation One has the largest selection of games available for any games console, meaning there are games available to cater for all tastes.

If you’ve never owned a Games Console the Playstation One is a good starting point, and can be picked up cheaply from Special Reserve for only £79.99. Heres what you get:

A Playstation One with a Dual Shock Controller, RF Lead Plus a Free Extra Controller and Free 1MB Memory Card.

As for those of us already lucky enough to own a Playstation One you’ll be glad to see that theres a load of great new releases available this for this Christmas, heres just a few of the great new games that are coming out this Christmas:

Driver 2 , Ready 2 Rumble Boxing Round 2 , 007 - The World Is Not Enough , DinoCrisis 2 , WWF Smackdown 2 , Medal of Honour Underground , Alien Resurrection , Tomb Raider 5 Chronicles.

So if your looking for a great console with some great games (at an affordable price) this Christmas then you cant go wrong with a Playstation One.
Mon 04/12/00 at 20:05
Regular
*Ahem* *cough* Gameboy *Ahem* *Cough*
Mon 04/12/00 at 20:11
Regular
*Smiles to self*
Mon 04/12/00 at 20:31
"High polygon count"
I think we need to make the distinction between "Games console" (PSone, PS2, Dreamcast, N64) and "Handheld" (Gameboy, GBA, Game Gear, Neo Geo etc.)

Yes, I *know* a handheld is also a games console, but the term "games console" usually applies to 'full size' machines - i.e. those without built-in controllers.

Well, it does in my book, anyway! :-)
Mon 04/12/00 at 20:32
"High polygon count"
Oh, and the original post does have a slight whiff of Cut & Paste.
Mon 04/12/00 at 20:35
Regular
I suppose the PS2 doesn't count because it's a computer... : )
Mon 04/12/00 at 20:43
yep, in the same way as the dreamcast is a set top box for connecting to the internet.
Mon 04/12/00 at 20:54
Regular
My prediction: In a few years time, the same thing will be said about the Xbox. (It has just about everything that made the original PS great).

What do I think is going to happen to the PS2? You don't want to know...
Mon 04/12/00 at 23:05
Wookie, I didnt cut and paste this post I wrote it today in an attempt to add to the discussion forum, and to try and win a Game for the Kids at St Ormond Street Hospital. Thanks for your comments though.
The Gameboy is a great machine too, If any of you guys are members of Special Reserve (ie you get the magazine) did you see the competition to win a gameboy advance if you introduce a freind to the club...pretty good.
Gameboy Advance Mariokart..well I can dream!
Tue 05/12/00 at 13:47
By the way has anyone won a game for the Kids at St Ormond Street Yet???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.