GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The next (big) quiz"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/08/08 at 20:51
Regular
"Mooching around"
It's going to be a big one, hopefully 100 questions!

Here's how it's going to work, 10 rounds of 10 questions as follows:

Round 1 - News Round - A recap of the news, most questions will be on quite recent news, though I might stray :P

Round 2 - Your General "General Knowledge" Round - This one explains itself, I hope.

Round 3 - Pot Luck - This will involve questions on History, Geography, Science, Entertainment etc. They will hopefully be quite hard questions to test you :)

Round 4 - Pyramid - This is quite a good one, each question will be asked as follows: Question 1 has 1 answer, Question 2 has 2, 3 has 3 and 4 has 4. So that's 4 questions with 10 answers in total. Anyone lost?

Round 5 - "I'll have a P please, Bob!" - This is another interesting one, I give you the letters to the answer followed by a clue or synonym and you work it out.

Round 6 - Movie Stills - As you can probably guess, this is going to be a round where I'll link you to a picture of a movie still and you tell me which film it is.

Round 7 - Music Round - This will be a round where I link you to a 30 second clip of a piece of music that I've kindly edited :) Then you tell me the title of that song. I've checked around and I'm pretty sure this isn't breaking copyright laws :P

Round 8 - Build Your Answer - Another pot luck round, but the first letters to each of the answers in the first nine questions build your clue to the final question. For example, If the answers followed like this:
Octupus
Politics
Trains
Indigo
Cats
Iris
Ant
Numbers
Skeletons
Then you know question 10 will be to do with OPTICIANS.

Round 9 - Famous People - I'll give you the birth and death dates of a famous person in history, followed by a vague clue, then you work out who it is.

Round 10 - Numbers Round - Don't worry not maths based :) Simply questions like "How many Polos are there in a regular tube of Polos?" Alas, my poor nature will require me to ask a maths based question at question 10 based on the numbers in the answers.

All sound good? Or too complicated in areas?

------------------

Now, if people still want to do staffies vs regulars, the only ways I've come up to do it are as follows:

1) We could let everyone do it individually, then average the scores from staffies and average scores from regulars, but depending on how you look at this, this could give the advantage or disadvantage to the staffies.

2) Work in groups and submit team scores, you could even have original names like "The Dead Parrots", only problem I see with this is the lack of members :P

3) Working in groups, you each take it in turns to answer a round's questions.

I'm open to other ideas

------------------

Also, it seems that people want a certain date for this to be posted, so what works for all of you?
Sun 10/08/08 at 16:47
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I was sarcastically describing myself as a team, but why not form them, and take on the staffies?
Sun 10/08/08 at 14:08
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
You've done an awful amount of work, well done.
If it's teams, how are the teams compiled - who selects who? Maybe individuals would be simpler and then average the score - but then, surely there would be more regulars than staffies?
Sun 10/08/08 at 14:02
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Sounds good to me.

And as Team Viking, I'll not only win but loot wherever you're keeping the prizes.
Sun 10/08/08 at 02:31
Regular
I'd like to put forward Team Grix if that's ok, we've got our members already
Sat 09/08/08 at 23:15
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I'm not sure how teams would work with this to be honest. Its not like you can discuss your answers on here in private. I think you'd have to have 1 person from each team for each round.

Yeah 1 person per round, 3 rounds for each person. 1 team round at the end
Sat 09/08/08 at 23:05
Regular
Nin's on myyy team.
Sat 09/08/08 at 21:18
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I think you'vd done a lot of work for it to be only 2 teams. Personally i'd be for multiple teams of 3.

And yeah, you need to set a start date
Sat 09/08/08 at 20:51
Regular
"Mooching around"
It's going to be a big one, hopefully 100 questions!

Here's how it's going to work, 10 rounds of 10 questions as follows:

Round 1 - News Round - A recap of the news, most questions will be on quite recent news, though I might stray :P

Round 2 - Your General "General Knowledge" Round - This one explains itself, I hope.

Round 3 - Pot Luck - This will involve questions on History, Geography, Science, Entertainment etc. They will hopefully be quite hard questions to test you :)

Round 4 - Pyramid - This is quite a good one, each question will be asked as follows: Question 1 has 1 answer, Question 2 has 2, 3 has 3 and 4 has 4. So that's 4 questions with 10 answers in total. Anyone lost?

Round 5 - "I'll have a P please, Bob!" - This is another interesting one, I give you the letters to the answer followed by a clue or synonym and you work it out.

Round 6 - Movie Stills - As you can probably guess, this is going to be a round where I'll link you to a picture of a movie still and you tell me which film it is.

Round 7 - Music Round - This will be a round where I link you to a 30 second clip of a piece of music that I've kindly edited :) Then you tell me the title of that song. I've checked around and I'm pretty sure this isn't breaking copyright laws :P

Round 8 - Build Your Answer - Another pot luck round, but the first letters to each of the answers in the first nine questions build your clue to the final question. For example, If the answers followed like this:
Octupus
Politics
Trains
Indigo
Cats
Iris
Ant
Numbers
Skeletons
Then you know question 10 will be to do with OPTICIANS.

Round 9 - Famous People - I'll give you the birth and death dates of a famous person in history, followed by a vague clue, then you work out who it is.

Round 10 - Numbers Round - Don't worry not maths based :) Simply questions like "How many Polos are there in a regular tube of Polos?" Alas, my poor nature will require me to ask a maths based question at question 10 based on the numbers in the answers.

All sound good? Or too complicated in areas?

------------------

Now, if people still want to do staffies vs regulars, the only ways I've come up to do it are as follows:

1) We could let everyone do it individually, then average the scores from staffies and average scores from regulars, but depending on how you look at this, this could give the advantage or disadvantage to the staffies.

2) Work in groups and submit team scores, you could even have original names like "The Dead Parrots", only problem I see with this is the lack of members :P

3) Working in groups, you each take it in turns to answer a round's questions.

I'm open to other ideas

------------------

Also, it seems that people want a certain date for this to be posted, so what works for all of you?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.