GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The next (big) quiz"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/08/08 at 20:51
Regular
"Mooching around"
It's going to be a big one, hopefully 100 questions!

Here's how it's going to work, 10 rounds of 10 questions as follows:

Round 1 - News Round - A recap of the news, most questions will be on quite recent news, though I might stray :P

Round 2 - Your General "General Knowledge" Round - This one explains itself, I hope.

Round 3 - Pot Luck - This will involve questions on History, Geography, Science, Entertainment etc. They will hopefully be quite hard questions to test you :)

Round 4 - Pyramid - This is quite a good one, each question will be asked as follows: Question 1 has 1 answer, Question 2 has 2, 3 has 3 and 4 has 4. So that's 4 questions with 10 answers in total. Anyone lost?

Round 5 - "I'll have a P please, Bob!" - This is another interesting one, I give you the letters to the answer followed by a clue or synonym and you work it out.

Round 6 - Movie Stills - As you can probably guess, this is going to be a round where I'll link you to a picture of a movie still and you tell me which film it is.

Round 7 - Music Round - This will be a round where I link you to a 30 second clip of a piece of music that I've kindly edited :) Then you tell me the title of that song. I've checked around and I'm pretty sure this isn't breaking copyright laws :P

Round 8 - Build Your Answer - Another pot luck round, but the first letters to each of the answers in the first nine questions build your clue to the final question. For example, If the answers followed like this:
Octupus
Politics
Trains
Indigo
Cats
Iris
Ant
Numbers
Skeletons
Then you know question 10 will be to do with OPTICIANS.

Round 9 - Famous People - I'll give you the birth and death dates of a famous person in history, followed by a vague clue, then you work out who it is.

Round 10 - Numbers Round - Don't worry not maths based :) Simply questions like "How many Polos are there in a regular tube of Polos?" Alas, my poor nature will require me to ask a maths based question at question 10 based on the numbers in the answers.

All sound good? Or too complicated in areas?

------------------

Now, if people still want to do staffies vs regulars, the only ways I've come up to do it are as follows:

1) We could let everyone do it individually, then average the scores from staffies and average scores from regulars, but depending on how you look at this, this could give the advantage or disadvantage to the staffies.

2) Work in groups and submit team scores, you could even have original names like "The Dead Parrots", only problem I see with this is the lack of members :P

3) Working in groups, you each take it in turns to answer a round's questions.

I'm open to other ideas

------------------

Also, it seems that people want a certain date for this to be posted, so what works for all of you?
Sat 16/08/08 at 12:24
Regular
"Mooching around"
Right! A rules thread :) What do I need to do?

Can't I just update this and sticky it :P
Thu 14/08/08 at 20:49
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Team Grand Nin will destroy you all.
Thu 14/08/08 at 15:34
Regular
"Mooching around"
jubbachainsaw wrote:
> Okay we have to rely on all of you being honest in your
> knowledge and I am hoping that no one will actually cheat.
>
> Teams can either be single, pairs or teams of 3 which then can
> be a pro and con to both team. If you want to be greedy and go
> for the full £30 play on your own or if you just want to
> win and don't mind about the prize then play as a 3.
>
> To ensure that its fair if more than one team submit submissions
> with the same score those teams will be entered into a lottery to
> determine the winner.
>
> Does this sound fair enough to you Reeper?
>
> If so I have some banners we will get put up over the weekend
> and if you can make a new thread with the rules and details of
> when it will start we can link the banner to that new thread. If
> all the teams can also post their team name and members up to 3
> members in that thread I can sticky it and get all the teams
> finalised.

Sounds great to me! I'll start the rules thread now :)

EDIT: no I won't as I have to go fix my nan's computer for her, it'll be up later tonight hopefully :)
Thu 14/08/08 at 11:42
Regular
I don't think I'll get any right, Chris' last two quizzes were so difficult that I didnt even enter them :( Why can't he ask easier questions like, which animal has the largest brain? People always get that question wrong.
Thu 14/08/08 at 11:36
"possibly impossible"
Good point.

Mind you, if they got them all wrong, we probably wouldn't win anyway...
Thu 14/08/08 at 11:05
Regular
What did the 70ies ever do for us? :)

What if you answered all your questions correctly pb and your teammate got them all wrong? You'd still let them have the £30?
Thu 14/08/08 at 11:00
"possibly impossible"
Machie wrote:
> The Goonies are going to win this. Woo! 80ies kids.

As a child of the 70's I see that as a challenge :D
Thu 14/08/08 at 10:59
"possibly impossible"
Happy to defer any GAD win for this to my team-mates as I've had a fair few GADs already (not that I have a lack of things to spend them on!), but seems fairer that way.
Thu 14/08/08 at 10:55
Regular
The Goonies are going to win this. Woo! 80ies kids.
Wed 13/08/08 at 22:16
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Marink wrote:
> I guess I'm on my own as usual. :(
>
> Oh well, more fun for me! :D
>

Me and you aswell:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.