GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's 08/08/08"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/08/08 at 12:23
"possibly impossible"
For fans of numbers (!), today marks the day of the year where the day, month and year all align.

Well, if you lob off the 2000 from the year, anyway.

Had I been online I could have even posted this at 08:08 in the morning as well but, alas, I was still booting up the PC at the time.

Anyway. I'm sure the rest of us will just shrug and say "That's nice" before moving on, but let us first pay homage to the number 8 on his special day.

8 is a composite number, its proper divisors being 1, 2, and 4. Eight is a power of two, being 23, or two cubed and is the first number of the form p3.

Octagon's have 8 sides. Famous Octagons include:

Octagón, a Mexican wrestler
The Octagon, a 1980 Chuck Norris movie
Octagon in Metal Gear Solid
The Octagon, a building which formed entrance to the New York City Lunatic Asylum

A figure 8 is the common name of a geometric shape, often used in the context of sports, such as skating
Fri 08/08/08 at 12:31
"Are you sure?"
Olympic Games - set to begin on 8/8/8 at 8:08 (& 8 seconds!) pm

8 (as we all know from the adverts) is a lucky number in Asia.

BBC:
Eight in Chinese is "ba", which sounds like the word for "prosper".

Search Freeola Chat
Fri 08/08/08 at 12:23
"possibly impossible"
For fans of numbers (!), today marks the day of the year where the day, month and year all align.

Well, if you lob off the 2000 from the year, anyway.

Had I been online I could have even posted this at 08:08 in the morning as well but, alas, I was still booting up the PC at the time.

Anyway. I'm sure the rest of us will just shrug and say "That's nice" before moving on, but let us first pay homage to the number 8 on his special day.

8 is a composite number, its proper divisors being 1, 2, and 4. Eight is a power of two, being 23, or two cubed and is the first number of the form p3.

Octagon's have 8 sides. Famous Octagons include:

Octagón, a Mexican wrestler
The Octagon, a 1980 Chuck Norris movie
Octagon in Metal Gear Solid
The Octagon, a building which formed entrance to the New York City Lunatic Asylum

A figure 8 is the common name of a geometric shape, often used in the context of sports, such as skating

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.