GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Timesplitters, PS2 or GameCube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/10/02 at 20:05
Regular
Well i have the 1st one on Ps2

But im not sure weather to buy the second
on GameCube or Ps2

Which one has better graphics

Or which one has better controls,

I know its the same game but its hard to choose which Console

Help me out guys !!!!!
Tue 22/10/02 at 16:05
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'm going to get the GC version, because I'd have to buy a multi-tap and two extra controllers for my PS2 to get the best out of it, and it'll look(slightly) better, and is suposedly the best version.
Tue 22/10/02 at 16:03
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Your a very angry guy arn't you Dave RJR?
Tue 22/10/02 at 15:59
Regular
I think the PS2 is still the console of choice for most people. It has that special factor which makes most people want one. GC isnt bad. They are trying to offer something different at least, and the image isn't bad. But they need to flush the plumber down the pipes-lets try and get shot of that kiddy image once and for all Nintendo. XBox may have a performance advantage (but I and many others claim is not as much as MS would have us believe), but nobody wants it. Many games are ports which end up look almost if not identical to the PS2 game - such games dont really tap into the "so called power house". It's also a bit on the chunky side. This doesn't fit in with what people expect today. Look at MP3 players, slimline DVD players, Mobile phones, etc. Come on MS, think "small".
Tue 22/10/02 at 15:48
Regular
"DS..."
I would post reasons about why you should get the GC version but it seems tht semajal has allready covered that quite adequetley ;) so just get it on the GC, nuff said really.

slik ~_~
Tue 22/10/02 at 15:44
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
deciders-

Loading time, GC will be 4-5 seconds, PS2 likely to be 20-30 seconds.

Disk- Cube disks, being smaller are actually easier to hold thus they stay in very good condition almsot indefinatly. Whereas PS2 ones tend to get gently scratched over time.

Controller- The cube controller TOTALLY rules for FPS, having the 2 analogue sticks not on same level makes life soooo much easier.

Cube has better graphics and is easier for 4 player. Get 4 wavebird controllers and 4 mates THAT would totally rule :)
Tue 22/10/02 at 10:56
Regular
Get the PS2 version. The GC and XBox ports will look identical anyway. And XBox version is delayed. And since Christmas is not far away, the built in DVD player on PS2 will also be a bonus for many existing and potential PS2 owners which don't yet have a DVD player.
Mon 21/10/02 at 21:23
Regular
"Remember me?"
Drunk Cow wrote:
> You really know how to make me feel dumb don't you you Mark. :D

Heh.
Mon 21/10/02 at 21:19
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Dark Mark wrote:
> Drunk Cow wrote:
> It's coming out for all three consoles. Duh.
>
> *
>
> But buying the game on X-Box is pretty pointless if he doesn't own
> one.

You really know how to make me feel dumb don't you you Mark. :D
Mon 21/10/02 at 21:17
Regular
"Remember me?"
Drunk Cow wrote:
> It's coming out for all three consoles. Duh.

But buying the game on X-Box is pretty pointless if he doesn't own one.
Mon 21/10/02 at 21:14
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Get it for GameCube because the multi player would be sweet.

"drools"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.