GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAMES NEED MORE IDEAS!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/12/00 at 19:59
Regular
IS it just myself or are all the latest games around just copies of others with the same ideas and just add-on packs.

Now why is this? there is so many ideas out there for development! such as, well just look at some of the game ideas in the forum they all sound better than some that are coming out. Such as my space game 'Black Hole'. Now there must be a reason why game companies don't make more games with different ideas. I think it is becasue they are scared in case they do not suceed with it, and they stick with the ideas that create money.

And there is your answer MONEY they no longer care about what the gamers want, they only want the cash. I think in the future they will need to experiment because people will simply get bored with the same old stuff.
Thu 07/12/00 at 12:18
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
it's not bad that the game keeps on getting updated even though theres no real reason e.g. FIFA 2001 came out earlier this year! the year is 2000!
I think it's ok, the graphics have advanced and there have been new moves and other kinds of crazy stuff since I bought my first football game on my N64(FIFA rtwc), it looked good at the time, it still looks good now, but when it's compared to other football games it looks inferior. The games only upgraded because of player transfers, the game gives you the option to do this for yourself, so theres no real reason.
Thu 07/12/00 at 09:25
Regular
"not dead"
squall leonhart wrote:
> How Ironic that a winning post abbout originality should claim
> FIFA 2001 - the mother of all that is copied and already done

I agree, it is ironic. It's not like you were having a go or anything, is it?

I enjoy the FIFA games, but they're hardly original, are they?
Thu 07/12/00 at 09:03
Truth hurts sharpshooter. Can't back up your argument so have to resort to name-calling. Oh dear!!
Tue 05/12/00 at 20:09
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Although Fifa 2001 is not an original idea, there is one mayor thing different to my topic it is good and fun.

I was talking about games that are a waste of money 1. not original and 2. Not fun and waste of money.

POWER OF THE SHEEP

Still doing Physics very hard! HELP!
Tue 05/12/00 at 19:36
FIFA may not be original footy game or as class, or realistic as ISS Pro Evolution...but the FIFA games are very easy to pick up and play and for that reason alone great fun to play. I love playing multiplayer FIFA with my mates.
Tue 05/12/00 at 19:05
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Well Done I just remembered (after looking at my notes).

Thanks anyway!
Tue 05/12/00 at 19:03
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Power = IČR
I was gonna say something else, but I forgot what.....
Tue 05/12/00 at 18:45
Regular
You've won 3 times ant so, it is being a little greedy!
Tue 05/12/00 at 18:44
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Also I need to go soon! I will not be on a lot for a week and a half because I have to do and study for my mock Exams. So don't think I have left :)

P.S Does anyone know the formula for Power, Current and resistance? GOD PHYSICS IS HARD!

POWER(ironic is it not) OF THE SHEEP
Tue 05/12/00 at 18:43
Regular
"I like cheese"
Don't be greedy sniper, try not to win again.
How would you feel if I said that to you?? What wrong with trying to win again???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.