GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England Slovakia"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/10/02 at 20:31
Regular
Can England go a game without giving me a near heart attack?

My man of the match has to be Alan Smith ;-)
Mon 14/10/02 at 16:50
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It's got nothing to do with the fact that Heskey's an ex-Leicester player.
When he was at Filbert Street he was a fantastic striker and goal-scorer - everyone was after him - even Arséne Wenger.

But his move to Liverpool seems to have done very little for him really - except get him more Recognition from the England managers.

Maybe he just can't handle life at the top afterall??
Mon 14/10/02 at 16:35
Regular
"Livin' it down"
Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!

Whats all this about Heskey being a donkey? Maybe just becuase he played for Leicester? Or he never scores, he's still a class player. All he needs to do is run at the defence and maybe he'd finish and score but he just doesn't do it, give him time he'll score.

Anyway still 3 points in the bag, so get over it.
Mon 14/10/02 at 16:16
Regular
"Long time no see!"
We played badly - very badly.

Fans have been saying that we've always been able to win the World Cup as one of the best teams in the world, but I just didn't see that out-there on Saturday night against one of the 'worser' teams in the FIFA World Rankings.

I've been saying it all along... England aren't all that special!
Eriksson DOESN'T make us 'World Beaters'.

The fact is that you cannot blame the pitch for our bad performance overall - Slovkia still played-well, and we did get some good Passing Movements going. Don't blame the backline either. Seaman, Gary Neville, Ashley Cole - all regulars in the England squad, even if Woodgate and Soutgate aren't - they are apparently the best we have!

Owen DIDN'T touch it!!
And as for his second, pure LUCK as the ball bobbled into his path!
He's not as great as he thinks he is, but I just can't stand him!
He's leaping around all over the place when he:
1. Scores a goal when he didn't even come into-contact with the ball.
And 2. Finds that the ball has accidentally reached him, stood a yard-away from goal as idle as a rock!

But the best part of the game was when that Slovakian bloke slipped-over only 6 yards from goal! :D
But we were simply shocking if we were able to allow him and many others the chances to get through so easily.

3 points VERY un-deserved!

I just hope we are more 'carefull' rather than 'lucky' against Macedonia on Wednesday night... I hate to think how it could all be against Turkey.
Mon 14/10/02 at 15:55
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Why are we trying to make excuses for England for their dismal display by saying the pitch was in a terrible condition. Yes it was but these over paid nancy boys are getting from £20,000+ a week so if they had a fixture in a muddy bog they should still play well, my sunday team plays in worse conditions on a sunday and play a hell of a lot better then England did on Saturday.

Good to see Sven going with a new tactic this time - instead of scoring then sitting on our goal line for the rest of the match he decided to implement it after 15 minutes. Finally someone told them they needed to get a goal in the second half and we played much better. (Couldn't have been any worse really.)

Once again Heskey goes a game without scoring and does absolutely nothing except for one turn past a defender. People have a go at Forlan what about this donkey? Get Vassell in, you know that guy who scored 3 goals in 5 games for us. Probably more than Heskey has scored in 25 games.

Owen was rubbish up until he bothered to show up in the 65th minute with a great dummy that put the keeper off totally and i'm sure he meant that ........

Midfield was quite poor but Gerrard and Scholes showed a lot of commitment and effort while Beckham was busy kicking the hell out of Karhan and Butt was playing for the Slovakia team.

And the defence showed how badly we need a fully fit Campbell and Ferdinand in the centre and how about sticking the lad Robinson in goal against Macedonia and Leichenstein and get him some experience.

Absolutely dreadful display and very lucky to get 3 points. Must do better against Turkey when we play them.
Sun 13/10/02 at 19:38
In the first half we couldn't pass for toffee. But we got a little better in the second half.

It was a real battle, and if we managed to scramble 3 points playing that badly then I guess it cant be all bad.

As for the crowd trouble. The England fans get seats thrown at them, so the Police batter them with sticks. Hmmmmm.
Sun 13/10/02 at 18:13
Regular
"Bobba you"
That pitch was utter crap. Did anyone see the massive hole in it?

Anyways about the game first half we were poor. The second we got stronger. And about Heskey he played pretty good methinks.

The thing I hated about the match was the racist comments towards Heskey and Ashley Cole. That was out of order.
Sun 13/10/02 at 12:37
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Jetster wrote:
> I think the best part of the match aside from Englands second goal was
> watching those England fans getting beaten with those sticks by the
> police :)

Yeah, if only they put a 'Fan Cam' up, so that you can watch the crowd fighting.

The slovakians started it by chucking seats at our fans. Now if someone did that to you, then surely you would retaliate.
Sun 13/10/02 at 12:21
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
How violent were those police!?!?

That was well bad!

Also, Owen hasn't claimed the goal, he could probably claim an assist though as he completely put the keeper off.
Sun 13/10/02 at 12:17
Regular
"One More Chance"
I think the best part of the match aside from Englands second goal was watching those England fans getting beaten with those sticks by the police :)
Sun 13/10/02 at 12:14
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I agree with the commentator, it was like watching a cup game. Horrible conditions to play in.

At least we got the 3 points though and should get another 3 points on Wednesday against Macedonia.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.