GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X box or gamecube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/10/02 at 19:01
Regular
Hi guys

I realy need you guys help!Christmas is coming up AND my mum asks what I what for CHRISTMAS. I say X-BOX or the GAMECUBE, But what one should I get please help
Fri 11/10/02 at 20:59
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> You wouldn't think he was a fanboy would you?

The name cubist totally throughs you off the fact I love X-Box :D

> Best console this year my ar$e, is that why it's selling so well?

I only say what I have seen (polls etc)
Fri 11/10/02 at 20:40
Regular
Cubist wrote:
All in all X-Box has
> more features, the best games company's working for them and the best
> multiformat games aswell which makes it the best console this year.
>

You wouldn't think he was a fanboy would you?

Best console this year my ar$e, is that why it's selling so well?
Fri 11/10/02 at 20:39
Regular
I'd wirte a long post but I can't be bothered, in my opinion you should go for Gamecube but at the end of the days it's up to you. Both consoles ave packed release schedules and specs to be honest don't make much difference, the xbox is a bit more powerful but it's not gonna make a huge amount of difference, both consoles can shove uperb graphics around.

If you prefer more serious games including a lot of PC conversions then go for Xbox. If you're a fan a Nintendo type games such as Mario etc and also want a wide variety of titles ranging from adult (Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness) or more fun games aimed at a wide variety of ages (Mario Sunshine, Zelda) then go for Gamecube.

Both consoles have a lot going for them it just depends what you're after.
Fri 11/10/02 at 20:30
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Don't listen to Savatt, he's a stupid little Ninty fanboy!

:c)
Fri 11/10/02 at 20:05
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Personally I would go for the playstation 2 but as it is out of the X box and the Gamecube, I would go for the Gamecube.
Fri 11/10/02 at 19:54
Regular
Yup, I was Jack@$s. Edgy, I know he was, I was doing it to be difficult. Heh.
Fri 11/10/02 at 19:48
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Overall its comes down to what games you like mate. As a console, the X-Box has more going for it with its potential and the online service will be the best of the 3 consoles.
The hard drive will save you money on memory cards as you can save your games on it, allow you to save your favourite music tracks to use in certain games and also adds certain finishes to games (along with making games that aren't possible on other consoles).
The controller is a matter of opinion, but Microsoft are also releasing the smaller controller S in November for those that want it.

As for the games, no doubt the Ninties will tell you whats coming to GC. Heres some of the top titles coming to X-Box.

Halo 2
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Brute Force
Ninja Gaiden
Timesplitters 2
Blinx The Timesweeper
Project Gothem Racing 2
Lamborghini
Unreal Championship
Mech Assault
Psychonauts
Metal Gear Solid: Substance
Soul Caliber 2
Medal Of Honour: Frontline
Vultures
Dead To Rights
Splinter Cell
Dead Or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball
Shenmue 2
Toejam & Earl 3
House Of The Dead 3
Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic
Star Wars: Galaxies
Fable (formerly Project Ego)
Steel Battalion
BC
Doom 3
Return To Castle Wolfenstein
Indiana Jones And The Emperor's Tomb
WWE Raw Is War 2
Racing Evoluzione
Amped 2
DOA4

Plus Rare have moved from Nintendo to Microsoft and will be releasing Kameo next year with games such as Conker's BFD, Banjo and Perfect Dark no doubt to follow. Sega have also recently announced plans for releasing some of their best classic titles to the X-Box, so expect some pretty decent titles from them.

Excellent games that are out now...

Halo
Dead Or Alive 3
Project Gothem Racing
Amped
Championship Manager
Max Payne
Madden NFL 2003
Rallisport Challenge
Jet Set Radio Future
Hitman 2
Quantum Redshift
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Moto GP
Silent Hill 2
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Conflict: Desert Storm
Commandos 2
Fri 11/10/02 at 19:47
Regular
^Anubis^ wrote:
> OH MY GOD! I have just found out what onw of DW's previous names was,
> and it is quite funny. Wanna hear it?
>
> J@CKA$S, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ironic ain't it (if it be true).
Fri 11/10/02 at 19:41
"The Will of D."
OH MY GOD! I have just found out what onw of DW's previous names was, and it is quite funny. Wanna hear it?

J@CKA$S, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Fri 11/10/02 at 19:37
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
X-BOX!!! It has the same basic capabilities as the Gamecube however it has a few added extras with no extra cost! If you look at the price of an X-Box compared with a Gamecube you will see that they are the same price or X-Box is cheaper (normally) and the X-Box has a DVD Player which the gamecube does not! Nintendo may also have the "Best game ever" Super Mario Sunshine but they sold there share in RARE and have only got Multi format or internally developped games left to supply them with. Ok they still have DK etc from RARE but from now on it will be internally developed by them alone while their console is kept alive by the latest multiformat release. All in all X-Box has more features, the best games company's working for them and the best multiformat games aswell which makes it the best console this year.

P.s. For people who don't like the controller size I say just buy the S controller for the X-Box wich comes out in October. It is smaller and easier to use like the other consoles.

P.P.s. Get Buffy The Vampire Slayer as your first game YAY!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.