GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"There are good Newbies too you know...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/10/02 at 20:46
Regular
I don't take all this newbie stuff seriously, but I do feel offende when everyone complains the Newbies should make intelligent topics. Well, I go and do that (my online games topic) and am ignored completely... I may be a Newbie, but if you look at my stats I have been here for over 100 days - often I read many posts but do not get the chance to post myself as I am too busy. So PLEASE, regulars, recognise the good Newbies as well, as I fell like an outsider on this forum, and always feel threatened to post anything because it will not be up to your standards.
Thanks for your time,
Korg
Thu 10/10/02 at 20:46
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I don't take all this newbie stuff seriously, but I do feel offende when everyone complains the Newbies should make intelligent topics. Well, I go and do that (my online games topic) and am ignored completely... I may be a Newbie, but if you look at my stats I have been here for over 100 days - often I read many posts but do not get the chance to post myself as I am too busy. So PLEASE, regulars, recognise the good Newbies as well, as I fell like an outsider on this forum, and always feel threatened to post anything because it will not be up to your standards.
Thanks for your time,
Korg
Thu 10/10/02 at 20:58
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I agree, I tend to look at the post title instead of the poster and base my opinion on the words and not the person.

Your topic was kinda interesting, personally I found that getting the DC online wasn't quite as straight-forward as your post made out (it was fiddly and I don't have a degree in Computer Science like the instructions expected you to have). I also noted that you skipped the necessity of broadband when mentioning the XBox's online capabilities whereas the PS2 (to my knowledge) allows you to connect using both a 56k line AND broadband. On the whole, though, you summed up the past and current trends quite concisely so I didn't feel the need to reply, if I had replied it would probably have turned into the usual console war knowing the lot that use this forum.

You also spelt farce wrong (5th word from the end of your online gaming post).
Thu 10/10/02 at 21:02
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Drunk Cow and Cubist were great newbies.
Thu 10/10/02 at 21:06
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Yeah, it lacked some substance, but I rushed it - I wanted to include some stuff on the games yet I thought it might make it a bit too long. BTW, at the end I meant to say "and has the force of Microsoft behind it" but I added an "a" after "has" by mistake
Thu 10/10/02 at 21:14
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
we do but people like Peace and 117 Master Cheif talk crap not cos they want to cos they can and theyre posts have no relavance to anything
Thu 10/10/02 at 21:24
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Post what you like
Thu 10/10/02 at 21:29
Regular
""to many dead hero""
Bazzman wrote:
> we do but people like Peace and 117 Master Cheif talk crap not cos
> they want to cos they can and theyre posts have no relavance to
> anything

excuse me but my topics do have relavance to games so there not like your songs
Thu 10/10/02 at 21:50
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If you think Topics are stupid then stop pooping them saying they are stupid.
Thu 10/10/02 at 23:25
Regular
"C'Mon Feel The Love"
117 master cheif wrote:
> Bazzman wrote:
> we do but people like Peace and 117 Master Cheif talk crap not cos
> they want to cos they can and theyre posts have no relavance to
> anything
>
> excuse me but my topics do have relavance to games so there not like
> your songs

117 Master Cheif put your games topics the the right gaming forum, not here, and bazzman post your song or poems in the music forum, and we wont have any incovenience
Fri 11/10/02 at 01:01
"High polygon count"
Korg.

Don't they make synthesizers?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.