GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GC Magazines"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/10/02 at 20:36
Regular
I love Cube the best but I often get NGC as well when it has a DVD. NOM was brilliant but now it is utter hypocritical crap. It just tries to act hard and is always biased towards on-nintendo games. And as for G-Force - it's too expensive, too thin and the only time i ever bought it there was no DVD in the DVD case...
Fri 11/10/02 at 22:56
Regular
"Remember me?"
Edgy wrote:
> NGC - The best Nintendo magazine I've ever read. It's got loadsa news
> (even if it is old) and occasionally gives out decent freebies, like
> the DVD rack which has saved me a little shelf space (though I ain't
> used it for my games - just DVDs).

NGC is my favourite Nintendo magazine. Always has, always will be. It's informative, stylish and laugh-out-loud hysterical at times. I've had some right laughs while reading that mag.
Fri 11/10/02 at 22:45
Regular
NGC has exclusives with developers with exclusive playtests and they're VERY funny... Cube second...

Nom get outta here.
Fri 11/10/02 at 19:30
Regular
NOM - Rubbish. I just got plain bored of reading about how oily men rub each other in the next WWE game. That's all NOM ever seems to be! WWE and Pokémon!

Edge - Even more boring than NOM! It's multiformat - which is only a good thing, but it's about as exciting to read as watching cream coloured paint dry. They're too picky too! So what if the sky ain't a perfect shade of blue - the game is still brilliant!

NGC - The best Nintendo magazine I've ever read. It's got loadsa news (even if it is old) and occasionally gives out decent freebies, like the DVD rack which has saved me a little shelf space (though I ain't used it for my games - just DVDs).

G-Force - Not too bad magazine but is full of too many adverts. The price may seem a little steep for what it is, but when you can subscribe for a cheaper price, and even subscribe online for half price, you can't really complain. A guaranteed DVD each issue (just ring Datel if there ain't one) doesn't do it any harm either.

Cube - Tis ok I suppose, but nothing special. Good idea with the changable faceplate, but Cube isn't much of a read for me.
Fri 11/10/02 at 17:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
NGC is the best. NOM is okay, but I think the new look tries way to hard, and dosen't seem, in an odd way, very 'Nintendoey' I just don't like it.

Cubes okay. Not great.

NGC is the best - Except for a studpidly high SSBM score, they get almost every review spot on (for me anyway).
Fri 11/10/02 at 16:34
Regular
Cube is a good one to buy...but why you like NGC....unless im thinking of a diffrent one all i can think of is how bad it is set out and the grammer and stuff.

It is the massive one isnt it? anyway if it is its way to big to put anywhere...good thing though im sure my bonfire this year will be burning just that little bit bigger this year.
Fri 11/10/02 at 16:13
Regular
Personally I think Edge and NOM are pants, especially if you want a Nintendo mag as Edge is a multi-format [and PC?] mag.

I think NGC is easily the best, and I've never read Cube or G-force.
Fri 11/10/02 at 16:10
Regular
Ive only ever got 5 diffrent mags, Games master, edge, NOM, NGC, and cube.

If you want only nintendo then this is what i think of them:

Cube:My second fave mag, I like the writing in the reviews, but always disagree with the actual score. Some good little extras
Good points : They usually have news first, and theres writing in reviews are good.
Bad points : The actual score they give always seems to be low and the little annoying "." in between the score so it reads 9.1 instead of 91, yes very little i know but that point always seems to be laughing at me :-(

NGC : I really dont like this one little bit.
good points : they always have a free gift, usually every other mag it has a DVD.
Bad points : the size is stupid, and its only so they can say its the "biggest nintendo mag". The reviews are pathetic and i could write it.
Theres this 2 stupid people who always gets their name in it.

NOM : My fave and after the bad first few "new" mags it has got better.
Good points : i like the way they do the reviews and the scores they give are mostly dead on. Theres hardly any stupid sections.
Bad points : they dont give away any free gifts, and if they do they are rubbish. Also they always act hard but this does not rub of in reveiws.
also the stupid questions they ask like "are GBA games to pricey" and then 40% go and say no... for god sake id like to see them walk in a shop and when asked "do you want this games for £32.99 or £20" for them answering and the employee to reply with "that will be £32.99 please, thank you have a nice day.

One thing i noticed in all mags is that when they have pics of a new game and they havent played it they will say stuff like "this game could be the hit of the year" when you can see its worst game ever.
Thu 10/10/02 at 20:50
Regular
G Force is a complete load a cr*p

The DVD isn't half bad though, the cool Die Another Day trailer n all
Thu 10/10/02 at 20:41
*Claps*

Cube rules though, even though all of the team looks like they should be banished to the sewers. (:)
Thu 10/10/02 at 20:36
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I love Cube the best but I often get NGC as well when it has a DVD. NOM was brilliant but now it is utter hypocritical crap. It just tries to act hard and is always biased towards on-nintendo games. And as for G-Force - it's too expensive, too thin and the only time i ever bought it there was no DVD in the DVD case...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.