GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SR...getting worse and worse."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/10/02 at 20:29
Regular
Okay, this is my view on SR, the staff and some members at this moment in time. Please feel offended if necessary.

Okay, my view on SR…basically, it’s going down the pan. At least, UKChatforums that is. Y’see, all the regulars are leaving or being banned. This place is being taken over by crazed, spamming newbies. Yet, what I can’t see is why Lord H and Ashley have been banned and Up_In_Smoke and 117 Chief person haven’t. In a few years time, SR will have no older members, and this will all be down to the way things have been run.

Now’s for my views on the staffies. I’ll mention the ones I know.

Schroeder: Probably SR’s best staffie. She’s one of the only ones who can share a joke. She is also one of the only staff who help you with your problems.

Snuggly: He’s going crazy…I swear. He’s banning all these decent users. Why has Lord H gone? Cos Ali couldn’t take it that Lordy was right.

Bob: Bob’s cool, he got my name back. I never liked him at first, but now, I think he’s ONE of the best staffies here.

Brad: He’s also cool. Him, like Schro, is very helpful and also shares a joke.

The rest…well, they’ve all stayed the same, other then Loki, who I rarely see nowadays.

Members…who do I like and who do I dislike?

Herc: Why did I choose him first? Simply cos of his comments in Site Bugs. Basically, I’ll annotate what he wrote. He said I was childish. Does this mean it’s okay for him to be an immature prat, yet it isn’t for me? That’s what it sounds like to me.

Si Mysterio: I chose him next as he is probably one of the only members who I get on with at the moment. He’s cool, funny and loves wrestling. What a cool chappie.

Up_in_Smoke: I can sum him up in x amount of words. A-S-S-C-L-O-W-N!

The_King: I didn’t think SR employed immature staffies…until now. Obviously, it’s good now he’s not a staffie, but he’s still here. Not only does he do illegal games, but also he doesn’t want SR to know about it. Tut tut, naughty boy.

Basically, I’ll sum this up. Look at how crap SR has turned since I joined a year ago. Everything’s changing for the worst. Ho hum, this is boring me now. Let’s end it here. :c)

DW
Thu 10/10/02 at 17:25
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I think Lord H should have been banned. He may have been nice at times, but the stand-out topics of his were complaints and being rude and offensive, which is a banning. You could then say "Ah, but so-and-so notable said i was gay!", but, unfortuantely, you can't tell if notable-y are being jokey or not.

And as for newbie and newbiesh regular hatred, most of these forums are spammified. Ignore topics where you don't trust the name, and don't reply to spammers. Because then they won't get under your skin.
Thu 10/10/02 at 14:16
Regular
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> Ha ha, I like the fact that people think I've gone crazy.
>
> I only ban people who deserve to be banned, and I'm not starting on
> that whole Lord H thing again - he was an annoying git who served no
> purpose on these forums other to annoy the other users. And I didn't
> ban Ashley, and I didn't ban GasMask, that was other staff members.

It's good that people think you've gone crazy? Okay, I agree that Lord H deserved to be banned...but nobody knows the Lordy that I knew. He helped me so much. Just saying...
Thu 10/10/02 at 14:12
Regular
loki wrote:
> Ummm, sorry DW I'm not sure whether it's necessary for me to feel
> offended or not. Does that mean I have changed or you just haven't
> seen enough of me to know that I've become worse? That is the way I
> like it though, I'm always here you know. Just skuking in the shadows
> watching you all. Be afraid.

You haven't become worse :c)
>
> Still, at least he didn't describe me as a mentalist. Oh and by the
> way, Brad doesn't work here anymore.

Brad's gone? ARGH, nooo...
>
> *wipes away a tear*

Heh, aww, bless his cotton socks.
Thu 10/10/02 at 14:11
Regular
Time_Warp wrote:
> Ciao DW.

Indeed, I'm still here. HAH!
Thu 10/10/02 at 13:42
Regular
"That's right!"
Did Tony catch him with his wife or something?

We want details
Thu 10/10/02 at 12:03
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
DW wrote:
> Okay, this is my view on SR, the staff and some members at this moment
> in time. Please feel offended if necessary...

> The rest…well, they’ve all stayed the same, other then Loki, who I
> rarely see nowadays.

Ummm, sorry DW I'm not sure whether it's necessary for me to feel offended or not. Does that mean I have changed or you just haven't seen enough of me to know that I've become worse? That is the way I like it though, I'm always here you know. Just skuking in the shadows watching you all. Be afraid.

Still, at least he didn't describe me as a mentalist. Oh and by the way, Brad doesn't work here anymore.

*wipes away a tear*
Thu 10/10/02 at 11:52
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
But mental ones
Thu 10/10/02 at 11:31
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Ha ha, I like the fact that people think I've gone crazy.

*stares with mad look in eyes*

I only ban people who deserve to be banned, and I'm not starting on that whole Lord H thing again - he was an annoying git who served no purpose on these forums other to annoy the other users. And I didn't ban Ashley, and I didn't ban GasMask, that was other staff members.

I'm just the same old Snuggly, going through the motions.
Wed 09/10/02 at 22:16
Ciao DW.
Wed 09/10/02 at 22:04
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Tipping the Velvet, eh Myst?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.