GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Listen to Goatboy's band"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/10/02 at 17:15
Regular
You know you want to - and he wants to know what you think of his music.

Three tracks in mp3 format are now available to listen to at

www.neilhepp.freeola.com

Hopefully Freeola's server will be up to all you lot downloading at the same time.... But they do promise unlimited bandwidth etc....

Load this thread up with your comments.
Thu 10/10/02 at 14:27
"Stupid Newbie :D"
Yes indeedy. ;)

Didn't list a few to be honest, "For my Culture" by 1 Giant Leap rocks, features Maxi Jazz (faithless) and Robbie Williams doing vocals, Fun Lovin' Criminals (a given), REM, By Divine Right, Travis etc. etc.

I don't really like any one particular genre, but rather will listen to anything that I hear and like (although metal / nu metal (no it's not rock, fools, rock is rock) I avoid like the plague).
Thu 10/10/02 at 12:27
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Pointless Babble wrote:
> Remy Zero,

Dam straight, the intro for Smallville is excellent.

"Somebody save me...."
Thu 10/10/02 at 12:02
I'd be a what & what bloke? LoL

Sound of Music time boys and girls...
These are a few of my favourite things:

Mick Jagger, Coldplay... Staind, Train and Greenday. Moby is good, and sometimes he sings, Aerosmith, Smash Mouth... or Beautiful South. Chad Kroeger is good, and his band is good too, then there's Stereophonics and the Fighters of Foo. Jamiroquai, Lenny Kravitz... play songs about rabbits, and I'm likely to kill you or hurt you quite bad. Five for Fighting, Remy Zero, U2 are my heroes... and the odd thing by Puff Daddy can carry a tune. These are a few of my favourite things and

*Bang*
Thu 10/10/02 at 11:53
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
If you could define it, then you'd be an A&R bloke!

That's the thing about music, what I think is the best band in the world (Clutch) may leave you cold. It's just why I like music, because there's so much stuff out there for every different taste.
Thu 10/10/02 at 11:49
Not particularly that I didn't like it, as I did say it was alright, just didn't really grab my attention. Certainly doesn't fall into the "Don't ever play that infront of me again or you'll lose your teeth" category. ;)

If I could define what it is that grabs my attention, I'd tell you, but unfortunately I can't. :(
Thu 10/10/02 at 11:45
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Fair enough, not everyone likes all music and cheers for being honest.
Thu 10/10/02 at 11:29
Controversy time. ;)
Listened to Looking Out and Beautiful to Me, after downloading around 30mins ago...

Not going to argue he's done well, or that the music is done very professionally, but I'd be lying if I said it was something I'd listen to more than once. They are good songs, just don't have that certain something that usually grabs my attention, gets the thing sticking in my head (in the good, not annoying way) and convinces me to go out and buy it.

Sort of the same way I feel about bands like Ash, everyone's raving about them, but despite them being o.k. IMO I'm non too plussed.
Thu 10/10/02 at 10:38
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Thanks - I'll have a look.
Thu 10/10/02 at 09:53
Flanders wrote:
> Er-no - Is that in the ID3 tags ? I just uploaded what was e mailed
> over - I have no idea how to change them ???

Load the file in Winamp, and go into file info' (alt+3 if memory serves), you can edit the ID2 and ID3 tags there. ;)
Thu 10/10/02 at 09:44
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Yep - I agree Looking out is an excellent track.

I was rather suprised when I first listened to them - I was expecting Goaty's band to be a bit more like so many of the local bands that I hear playing - A bit heavier etc. Good quality recordings and some well written stuff and yes I have listened to Looking out over and over - I doff my hat to you Goaty.

Er-no - Is that in the ID3 tags ? I just uploaded what was e mailed over - I have no idea how to change them ???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.