GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WARNING - VIRUS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/10/02 at 10:44
Regular
Many may have seen this before but I only just received it. Thought it would amuse a few people this morning!

If you receive an email entitled "Bedtimes," delete it IMMEDIATELY.
Do not open it. Apparently this one is pretty nasty. It will not only erase everything on your hard drive, but it will also delete anything on disks within 20 feet of your computer. It demagnetizes the strips on ALL of your credit cards. It reprograms your ATM access code, screws up the tracking on your VCR and uses subspace field harmonics to scratch any CD's you attempt to play. It will program your phone to auto dial to call only 900 numbers. This virus will mix antifreeze into your fish
tank. IT WILL CAUSE YOUR TOILET TO FLUSH WHILE YOU ARE SHOWERING. It will drink ALL your beer. FOR GOD'S SAKE, ARE YOU LISTENING?? It will leave dirty underwear on the coffee table when you are expecting company. It will replace your shampoo with Nair and your Nair with Rogaine. If the "Bedtimes" message is opened in a Windows 95/98 environment, it will leave the toilet seat up and leave your hair dryer plugged in dangerously close to a full bathtub. It will not only remove the forbidden tags from your mattresses and pillows, it will also refill your skim milk with whole milk.

****** WARN AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN.*******

And if you don't send this to 5000 people in 20 seconds, you'll fart so hard that your right leg will spasm and shoot straight out in front of you, sending sparks that will ignite the person nearest you. Send to everyone and, if you are a blond, .... this is a joke.
Tue 08/10/02 at 20:58
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
i know why !! it's because if we click on a link then we will leave your site and you want as many people as possible to stay so that they can see the pretty banners and buy more stuff from you. Good business point there.
Tue 08/10/02 at 20:57
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
why wont links work , and why do we have to be staff to use them ? DAS IST STUPID ! (we have german students at school :))
Tue 08/10/02 at 20:56
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
Tue 08/10/02 at 19:52
Regular
"i like cars!!!!!!"
ok thanks i will be on the lookout for that.

thanks mate
Tue 08/10/02 at 17:08
Regular
Hybrid Valves wrote:
> DW wrote:
> I WILL work out how to do a link on SR by the end of the day :c|
>
> --
>
> Only if you become a member of staff by then!

Ahha, but I'll only be a staffie if you sneakily change my name to your colour. Heck, I don't mind being a Staff Newbie. Ahem, no one will know...
Tue 08/10/02 at 17:04
Regular
"Tat Twam Asi"
DW wrote:
> I WILL work out how to do a link on SR by the end of the day :c|

--

Only if you become a member of staff by then!
Tue 08/10/02 at 17:04
Regular
"Tat Twam Asi"
Jive wrote:
> Or go to www.grisoft.com and download their "FREE" AVG
> software with free updates :D

DUDE! We're a business! We need to sell products such as that so you guys can keep getting your FREE games capiche?
Tue 08/10/02 at 15:58
Regular
I WILL work out how to do a link on SR by the end of the day :c|
Tue 08/10/02 at 15:57
Regular
<a

> href="http://special.reserve.co.uk/ listings/extrainfo.php?co=JL2288">Norton

> Antivirus 2003</a

It's not working...

Teehee.
Tue 08/10/02 at 15:55
Regular
href="http://special.reserve.co.uk/ listings/extrainfo.php?co=JL2288">Norton

> Antivirus 2003</a

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.