GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Isn't the ps2 memory card just too expensive"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/11/00 at 19:50
Regular
I have a ps2 and two games but i still haven't bought a memory card coz i can't afford one, i have to survive without it for a few weeks and that means that to play tekken bowl mode I first have to unlock it every time and it is very exhausting. Hey and can you tell me where I can get one for free or less than twenty quid.
Wed 29/11/00 at 19:50
I have a ps2 and two games but i still haven't bought a memory card coz i can't afford one, i have to survive without it for a few weeks and that means that to play tekken bowl mode I first have to unlock it every time and it is very exhausting. Hey and can you tell me where I can get one for free or less than twenty quid.
Wed 29/11/00 at 22:13
In a word no. Its 8 times bigger than the original, yet the official PSone is still priced at 11.99 in places. Good price Id say, espically as its more reliable. You CANT get one for less that 20. Thats because the only memory card available is the official sony one, and thats becuase the technology to provide the data compression is licenced by Sony. Good luck in even finding one by the way, I havent in the shops!
Wed 29/11/00 at 22:13
Heres the best place probably £24.99
well the last memory cards were £10 and was about 15kb in sise these one abre 28Mb so it's much bigger thik 1MB is 1000Kb
Wed 29/11/00 at 22:15
Where i come from in Romford all shops have a fool stock of games, virgin has everything thats availiable Memory cards, Pads everything
Wed 29/11/00 at 22:21
Regular
"Whatever!"
I dont think they are that over priced considering the ammount of data they can store. What I am pleased about is the original PSX memory cards are compatible for PSOne games - I didnt think they were.
Thu 30/11/00 at 22:57
The old memory cards were 1MB uncompressed and 11.99 by the way
Fri 01/12/00 at 21:29
I think that everthing is to expensive for the playstation 2 it's going to be like £50 a game and that takes ages to save up unless you win on special reserve obviously I think that all the prices are just plain stupid At these prices I am not sure that they will sell a memory card.
Sat 02/12/00 at 17:57
The average price for a PS2 memory card is £20 exactly. Don't get suckered into paying £29-£30 for it (not that you will) just yet, wait for a 4Mb card.

If you want to join in a small mem-card debate, see my latest topic.
Sun 03/12/00 at 00:46
Even though the Official Memory Card costs £27.99, hat is basically the only price, as after that you get a massive Memory card and should not have to buy any more, and for that price thank god you don't!

Also, the Price of games, even in the High Street, are £39.99, and only in places like MVC they try and sell PS2 games for £44.99, so go for the High Street, and if you go into EB, then get there Loyalty Card, for only £2 it is well worth it if you visit regularly!

The truth is everything will be a lot of money, because they know people like us will have to pay it to get what we need, until 6 months time when the 3rd Party developers give Sony Official a run for there money, and as they will then have competition, they have no choice but to drop the price, but we still have to wait!
Wed 06/12/00 at 21:05
Regular
I actually had no choice but to get it at £27.49 because i just couldn't do without it. I have now saved my tekken tag data and its all good but i still think that the memorycard is just too expensive.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.