GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Burnout 2 and a few other games worth getting!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/10/02 at 11:50
Regular
Just wanted to drop you guys a line and recommend that those who have not already done so, to pre-order Burnout 2 right this minute - if you thought the first one was good, then Point of Impact will know your fecking socks off. Way fasters, loads of new cars and tracks, new pursuit mode that sees you in a police car, new crash mode, and I must say that even the rubbish sounding burnout driving school mode is quite good.

A truly great game and well worth checkout out. Oh and another game that is also very, very good is Need For Speed: Hot pursuit 2 – real life cars, very fast (although not as quick as Burnout 2), and very challenging indeed. If you like arcade racers, these two a are must have games.

Also got Shox on the weekend, which is pretty good. Real-life cars, fast and pretty good fun.

Anyway, that’s my £3.50’s worth. Nice
Thu 10/10/02 at 11:56
Regular
I missed out Burnout 1, so this might make Burnout 2 even better. I might put in an order this weekend...
Thu 10/10/02 at 11:35
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I played Burnout 2 last month at ECTS, and being a big fan of the original, I REALLY loved it.
Graphically, as Bleeders said, it's gorgeous to look at, and the tracks are smooth, detailed and more interesting, with some cool graphical effects. I especially liked the Ridge Racer style plane that flies over the airport track.

The crashes are now much better, with debris and smoke flying off the vehicles when they collide.

In terms of gameplay, it's pretty much the same, but to me the controls felt much more responsive and smoother than before, with dogding and weaving between oncoming traffic much easier.

Then of course there's the Burnout boost...VVRRRROOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!
Thu 10/10/02 at 11:29
Regular
Excellent, looking forward to it!
Thu 10/10/02 at 11:26
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
From what I see of it last-night in my local indie. It. Looks. Gorgeous. Didn't really get a hands-on though, will do tonight and will post impressions.
Thu 10/10/02 at 10:37
Regular
Woah! You have it already! Let us know what its like as soon as you can :D

(please)
Thu 10/10/02 at 10:25
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Picked Burnout 2 up last-night from my local indie store. Haven't had a chance to play it yet though, still sitting in my bag. :(
Wed 09/10/02 at 20:27
"period drama"
I think you can only use the 60Gz mode througha SCART lead.
My telly's old and crap, so I had to buy a AV lead beacsue it didn't have a SCART socket : (
Wed 09/10/02 at 17:22
Regular
"Livin' it down"
Brunout 1 ruled.

And I've seen clips of the second, looks cool. But isn't on my 'to get list' Vice City is however.
Wed 09/10/02 at 13:29
Regular
"Back For Good"
oasismark wrote:
>What's all this 60Hz made about? I've seen it on games but when i try
> it doesn't look as good, so my tv doesn't support it I guess, but what
> does it do exactly?

Well The difference between NTSC and PAL is, NTSC has a better frame rate running at 29.97fps while PAL is 25fps, PAL has the better resolution over NTSC but Most games nowadays are made in NTSC and the PAL conversions are usually sloppy leaving black borders where the "extra resolution" is and instead of the conversion dropping frames to appear the same speed as the original NTSC copy it runs through it all at 25fps meaning it's alot slower.

If your picture becomes grey and unstable that means your TV doesn't support it, however if your TV remains in color while the 60hz is enabled that means it supports it. The PS2 is quite a difficult system to offer both a 50 and 60hz switch where as the gamecube most probably has the option. I can't be doing with a game like Burnout running slower than it should so the reason I asked is whether I should get the gamecube version instead :-)

Res
Wed 09/10/02 at 12:47
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
I was going to mention refresh rate.....but I bottled it :D

Exactly what Nat just said.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.