GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Burnout 2 and a few other games worth getting!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/10/02 at 11:50
Regular
Just wanted to drop you guys a line and recommend that those who have not already done so, to pre-order Burnout 2 right this minute - if you thought the first one was good, then Point of Impact will know your fecking socks off. Way fasters, loads of new cars and tracks, new pursuit mode that sees you in a police car, new crash mode, and I must say that even the rubbish sounding burnout driving school mode is quite good.

A truly great game and well worth checkout out. Oh and another game that is also very, very good is Need For Speed: Hot pursuit 2 – real life cars, very fast (although not as quick as Burnout 2), and very challenging indeed. If you like arcade racers, these two a are must have games.

Also got Shox on the weekend, which is pretty good. Real-life cars, fast and pretty good fun.

Anyway, that’s my £3.50’s worth. Nice
Mon 07/10/02 at 11:50
"You love us!"
Just wanted to drop you guys a line and recommend that those who have not already done so, to pre-order Burnout 2 right this minute - if you thought the first one was good, then Point of Impact will know your fecking socks off. Way fasters, loads of new cars and tracks, new pursuit mode that sees you in a police car, new crash mode, and I must say that even the rubbish sounding burnout driving school mode is quite good.

A truly great game and well worth checkout out. Oh and another game that is also very, very good is Need For Speed: Hot pursuit 2 – real life cars, very fast (although not as quick as Burnout 2), and very challenging indeed. If you like arcade racers, these two a are must have games.

Also got Shox on the weekend, which is pretty good. Real-life cars, fast and pretty good fun.

Anyway, that’s my £3.50’s worth. Nice
Mon 07/10/02 at 14:50
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Saw the footage of burnout 2 on PSW, it looks sweet. I liked the origanal, but I just know I'm going to love the sequel, more cars, better graphics, bigger crashes and insane amounts of speed, looks like a great arcade style racer.

NFS2 looks alright as well, played a demo and it was pretty fun, but I doubt it will be as good as Burnout 2 so I'll probably not be getting that game any times soon. As for Shox, well it looks interesting, and has been getting some fairly decent reveiws, but I haven't made my mind up whether it's worth getting or not yet. Something I'll keep an eye on though.
Mon 07/10/02 at 20:18
"period drama"
Burnout 2 is a definate.
But the other two?

No way. Look at the competition. They don't stand a chance. So many amazing games coming out soon, the OK-ish ones will just be forgotten this winter.
Wed 09/10/02 at 08:42
Regular
"Back For Good"
Does Burnout 2 have a 60hz mode?
Wed 09/10/02 at 09:58
Regular
I hope so! It`d be such a waste if it didn`t!
Wed 09/10/02 at 10:22
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Res€vilfan wrote:
> Does Burnout 2 have a 60hz mode?

What's all this 60Hz made about? I've seen it on games but when i try it doesn't look as good, so my tv doesn't support it I guess, but what does it do exactly?
Wed 09/10/02 at 10:45
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
oasismark wrote:
> What's all this 60Hz made about? I've seen it on games but when i try
> it doesn't look as good, so my tv doesn't support it I guess, but what
> does it do exactly?

It give you a better picture, clearer & sharper.....I think, something to do with....err....umm....WOOKIEE where are you when we need you :D

Seriously, Wookiee will be able to explain it alot better than mine. If your TV doesn't support it then I wouldn't worry about it unless your prepared to go out and get a new one. If you can play on your PS2 then be happy :-)
Wed 09/10/02 at 11:44
Regular
"  "
60 hz just means a faster refresh rate so that you can actually see 60fps rather than being limited to 50 fps (Even if the game is way over that fps rate!) To be honest, it doesn't make a hell of a difference and it puts my widescreen into 'square tv mode'. I.e. it doesn't use the full screen :(
Wed 09/10/02 at 12:47
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
I was going to mention refresh rate.....but I bottled it :D

Exactly what Nat just said.
Wed 09/10/02 at 13:29
Regular
"Back For Good"
oasismark wrote:
>What's all this 60Hz made about? I've seen it on games but when i try
> it doesn't look as good, so my tv doesn't support it I guess, but what
> does it do exactly?

Well The difference between NTSC and PAL is, NTSC has a better frame rate running at 29.97fps while PAL is 25fps, PAL has the better resolution over NTSC but Most games nowadays are made in NTSC and the PAL conversions are usually sloppy leaving black borders where the "extra resolution" is and instead of the conversion dropping frames to appear the same speed as the original NTSC copy it runs through it all at 25fps meaning it's alot slower.

If your picture becomes grey and unstable that means your TV doesn't support it, however if your TV remains in color while the 60hz is enabled that means it supports it. The PS2 is quite a difficult system to offer both a 50 and 60hz switch where as the gamecube most probably has the option. I can't be doing with a game like Burnout running slower than it should so the reason I asked is whether I should get the gamecube version instead :-)

Res

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.