GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario Fanciers - a question"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/10/02 at 14:23
Regular
I played the first level, like Natbuc. Come on, it's not exactly great.
Does it pick up? I have a GAD and a longing for a game in my selection which entitles me to get into conversations with 'real' gamers.
Wed 09/10/02 at 21:42
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Is the toad icon not the green mushroom thing you pick up? Looks like the toad fellas...
Tue 08/10/02 at 19:14
Regular
There's a shop demo with 6 levels I think. The toy box level I think is just an obstacle course, not sure where toys come into it, God knows about the Toad icon though.
Tue 08/10/02 at 19:08
Regular
"not dead"
Na†ßu© wrote:
> Played all six demo levels and completed them all in a half hour. Yes
> it entertained me for that long and it is ok but I still dont think
> its great. Soz! :D

Okay, this and the 'Toy Boy level' and the Toad Icon have caused huge question marks to appear over my head.

There isn't a demo of this game, is there? As such there aren't any demo levels, are there?

I've seen no Toy Box level or Toad icon either.

Are you playing the right game?
Tue 08/10/02 at 11:54
Regular
"^_^"
The Camera is a pain. And cos i am pants at jumping that anoys me too. All the jumping parts, which is a lot of the game
Tue 08/10/02 at 11:06
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
It is quite good, but far from perfect. The camera really is a pain, often getting trapped behind walls, so you can see the shadow of Mario but not his surroundings (like where you're going, the ledge you're about to fall off), especially on the levels where Shadow Mario takes your FLUDD thing. Also they've put loads of touches of kiddy style games in, like too much help from FLUDD and annoying noises when people "speak" (you know, the 'bring' noise when the blue bars go across). But really it's just patronising to kids.

It is good though :)
Mon 07/10/02 at 22:52
Regular
Na†ßu© wrote:
> Played all six demo levels and completed them all in a half hour. Yes
> it entertained me for that long and it is ok but I still dont think
> its great. Soz! :D

No problem, just when you're leaving the room don't turn your back as you're likely to get a boot up the ar$e.

:D
Mon 07/10/02 at 21:05
Regular
"  "
Played all six demo levels and completed them all in a half hour. Yes it entertained me for that long and it is ok but I still dont think its great. Soz! :D
Mon 07/10/02 at 19:54
Regular
Blackburn 1-2 Spurs wrote:
> Come on though. Every time I play or see this game I'm constantly
> thinking about some things that have been said on here and I just cant
> beleive any of them. I was playing the Toy Box Level or what ever it
> is and apart from falling off because of fiddly controls, I found it a
> breeze. The jumps were simple and I got the Toad Icon and the Shine
> within 3 minutes.

You've played shine out of 120 and it was easy and you rate the game on that?

That would be like me kicking the ball in ISS and scoring and then saying the games too easy and never playing it again.

What od you expect they're hardly gonna make the demo rock hard. Oh and what's a Toad icon?

Oh and the controls are anything but fiddly, that's one thing you can count on in Mario games, the controls are always finely tuned. As you said you've payed it for 3 minutes, how can you judge a game after 3 minutes of play?

Best game for years IMO

I can understand it doesn't appeal to everyone but trust me, it deserves all the praise it's getting.
Mon 07/10/02 at 19:17
Regular
She's home. Mario is in.

Woo, that felt weird to write.

And yes, she isn't a hardcore gamer though Cyclone. Likes pick up and play games, simple fun. Games she can beat me at.
Mon 07/10/02 at 17:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Girlfriends/Wives that like games?

WHA!? Cool!

Anyhoo, I agree Meka - It is harder than Mario 64.

But it still rules. Big time.

Indeed.

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.