GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"That Onimusha 2 Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/10/02 at 21:37
Regular
Got the game today, it's not too shabby. On the other hand, it ain't anything to write home about really. From what I've seen teh gameplay seems pretty much like the first, but of course there are new features.

The new gift system seems good; you pick up items along your journey and can give them to different people. You get a small gift in return and then they might come to help you out later if they liked the gift. One guy said he was interested in history books, so I gave him the only one I could find, which was volume 5, and he said "It would have been better to read them all at once" and sneered. I had to pay for it, too. On the other hand I gave this fat man some vodka and he loved it.

There's a 60Hz mode.

The graphics are good, nice rain splashes off a crow I noticed, although I don't think they're quite as good as Res Evil GC.

Controls are the same as before, I think. You can't control the character using the analogue stick, which is annoying, because the analogue stick is used for something else.

Erm.......anyone else get it? Or am I on my own here? Come on people, you all like Devil May Cry, and it's not THAT dissimilar.
Thu 24/10/02 at 12:25
Regular
"" I like your Gun""
I just played through again with Kitaro and o shhhhhhhhhhhh he died.cra* o well he was sure tough in fights but was a bit of a fairy( sigh) I think if kotaro survived Oyu should have let him come and live with her, yknow help with the washing up and stuff, and ya never know,thoses ninja skills may come in handy one day :)
Tue 22/10/02 at 19:45
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Devro wrote:
> Kotaro's too easy to use, I'm going through the game making Ekei my
> friend so I can play as him. By the way, the voice acting is rubbish
> for a reason, its meant to look like one of those old dubbed Japanese
> movies.

Erm.....where have you heard that? I've never heard it and can't think why they would do it. I can't picture the director standing there saying "Come on, make it a crap one people!".
Mon 21/10/02 at 22:33
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I haven't really heard much about it , is it worth buying. I played it for the X box, it was rubbish.
Mon 21/10/02 at 22:28
"Wa-wa-west"
Kotaro's too easy to use, I'm going through the game making Ekei my friend so I can play as him. By the way, the voice acting is rubbish for a reason, its meant to look like one of those old dubbed Japanese movies.
Mon 21/10/02 at 20:12
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Seymour Guado wrote:
> Whos everyones favorite charcter? Mines Magoichi cause his got good
> allround skills plus he looks preety cool dishing out damage with his
> FF8 style attack ( yknow like Irvine or somein ) That flamethrower he
> wields is mucho cool alltho he is a bit cra& close range but he is
> a gun-slinger after all. His combos are the nads. Oyu was ok a bit
> weak tho. I wanna play as kotaro next game . How many issens did
> people get on their first run. I got 68 which aint too shabby.

Try and play as Kotaro on your next game - he's the best character out of the three I've played as. He can kill all the lesser enemies with one of his combos of three/four hits. He's way more powerful than Jubei.
Mon 21/10/02 at 17:16
i thought that the voice acting sucked but thats my only drawback. my fav weapon is the spinny hurricane swordy thing and i loved all the puzzles. my fav character was between magiochi and kotaro( gotta love that magic spell) and i thought it was i great game. and this (except for the resi series) was probably the best sequel capcom have produced. well untill devil may cry 2 comes out anyway ;)
Mon 21/10/02 at 15:56
Regular
"" I like your Gun""
Whos everyones favorite charcter? Mines Magoichi cause his got good allround skills plus he looks preety cool dishing out damage with his FF8 style attack ( yknow like Irvine or somein ) That flamethrower he wields is mucho cool alltho he is a bit cra& close range but he is a gun-slinger after all. His combos are the nads. Oyu was ok a bit weak tho. I wanna play as kotaro next game . How many issens did people get on their first run. I got 68 which aint too shabby.
Sun 20/10/02 at 15:41
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Damn these double posts.
Sun 20/10/02 at 15:41
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I started it again in hard, but scrapped it and started again in normal. Not really sure why, I could handle it.

I got to play as Kotaro on my new game, and he's fantastic! His weapons are really powerful and his magic attack lets him leave his body as some kind of little invisible entity. Basically there's this little stealth guy running around while the monsters are attacking what they think is him standing still. Very nice.
Sun 20/10/02 at 15:40
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I started it again in hard, but scrapped it and started again in normal. Not really sure why, I could handle it.

I got to play as Kotaro on my new game, and he's fantastic! His weapons are really powerful and his magic attack lets him leave his body as some kind of little invisible entity. Basically there's this little stealth guy running around while teh monsters are attacking what they think is him standing still. Very nice.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.