GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Heh, you stupid console monkeys"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/10/02 at 16:14
Regular
Whilst you're all arguing about which is better between your consoles, us PC gamers have been enjoying:

Morrowind, Mafia, UT2003, Hitman 2.
Next week is No One Lives Forever 2 (being called "the most enjoyable FPS ever".

So y'all fight about your boxes whilst we grown-ups quietly go about our gaming.
Oh, and I have an Xbox, had a PS2 and had a Gamecube.
Therefore I'm best.

Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyaaaaah nyah
Sun 06/10/02 at 13:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
NOLF 2 does look amusing, but I want soooo many OC games it's quite ridiculous. Most of the ones people have mentioned I want, but I don't have enough money/time for all of them , so I have to be selective.
Brooms shoes and moons for mice. All of those things I have.
Sun 06/10/02 at 12:58
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
The first Nolf released on console was absolute pants on a monkey. It was 10x better for PC, you couldn't even turn off auto aim on the ps2 version and the loading times..... oh my god. We got it for both PC and PS2. Y...... cos It was so good on PC my bro wanted to play it in his room only yo discover it was pants and took it back.
Sun 06/10/02 at 01:30
Regular
Those Icarus scrolls rule!

Have you tried them yet? It lets you do a super huge jump, spanning some miles at least.

Even better is when you crash back down to the earth and splat :)
Sat 05/10/02 at 23:38
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
er-no wrote:
I thought you didn't like Morrowind though Goaty? Changed ya mind or
> did I misread something you said a couple of months back?

---

No you didn't misread. I hate RPG games.
But Morrowind isn't what I consider to be an RPG - there's minimal levelling-up of things, no spell-castings if you dont want to and no bloody pixies.
There are some Elves in it, but I killed them with a whacking great Ironsword. Plus I beat up a pensioner, stole her things and flogged them - buying a nice helmet with the proceeds.

My character "Alan The Maniac" is rock. He has superb armour and looks like a demented Maximus from Gladiator, a huge sword and is the hardest bloke to stomp the earth.
Plus, I've never ever played a game with such an immersive world created - it is absolutely mind-blowing just how detailed it is.

And has one of the most unexpectedly funny bits in a game I've played.
You're walking along and hear a distant scream. It gets louder and louder and suddenly a crap wizard plummets from the sky and smashes into the ground in front of you.
You can wander over and loot his still-warm corpse. He has "Icarus" spell, which grants you flight for a few seconds.
But he was crap and died.

Heh
Sat 05/10/02 at 22:10
Regular
"Here I am - TAKE ME"
Return of the Mac.
Once again.
Sat 05/10/02 at 22:00
G4? As in Mac?
Sat 05/10/02 at 22:00
Regular
"smile, it's free"
er-no wrote:
> I thought you didn't like Morrowind though Goaty? Changed ya mind or
> did I misread something you said a couple of months back?
>
> :D

I think he changed his mind after he found he could wander around mugging old women :)
Sat 05/10/02 at 21:56
Regular
"everyone says it"
I forgot to mention. I have a G4 which I love playing WarCraft 3 on.
:-D
Sat 05/10/02 at 21:53
Regular
"everyone says it"
I actually would say I am the best. I have a PC and all the consoles. Nah nah?! :-P

I thought you didn't like Morrowind though Goaty? Changed ya mind or did I misread something you said a couple of months back?

:D
Sat 05/10/02 at 21:21
I'm surprised at the prices of the P4 processors.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.