GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Heath Ledger deserves an Oscar"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/07/08 at 19:04
Regular
Or does he? I thought he was a great actor and I've enjoyed several of his movies. He was a great guy and it's a real shame to see someone so talented die so young, but is his performance as the Joker worthy of an Oscar or is it his tragic death?

I haven't seen the movie yet so I can't really comment, infact most of the movies that end up being nominated at the Oscars aren't even released until later in the year. So it's just weird for so many people to be calling for him to be nominated for an Oscar when the movie isn't even out yet.
Fri 18/07/08 at 13:43
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I dont really see a problem with him dying influencing whether he gets an Oscar. Good actor who probably would have won one sooner or later anyway. And unless they introduce a "best performing corpse" category, I doubt he'll be getting anymore nominations.
Fri 18/07/08 at 10:31
Regular
You guys will end up seeing it before me, so you'll have to come back and let me know whether you think he atleast deserves a nomination. I hope it's a great performance because the Joker is my favourite Batman villian and I loved Nicholson in the Tim Burton movie.
Thu 17/07/08 at 18:29
Regular
Going to see it this weekend..
Thu 17/07/08 at 16:57
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Plenty of people get to see films before they're released, e.g. studio people, reporters, critics etc.
Thu 17/07/08 at 14:30
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Its out in America tomorrow
Thu 17/07/08 at 12:36
Regular
"What's basketball?"
Machie wrote:
> I haven't seen the movie yet so I can't really comment, infact
> most of the movies that end up being nominated at the Oscars
> aren't even released until later in the year. So it's just weird
> for so many people to be calling for him to be nominated for an
> Oscar when the movie isn't even out yet.

Maybe it's out in America?
Thu 17/07/08 at 09:26
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
July 24th its out in England. I've heard he is amazing in it and deserves an oscar, so lets wait and see.
Thu 17/07/08 at 02:07
Regular
"Twenty quid."
The reviews that I've read (and trust) do say that his performance is rather stunning.

I just can't get over how good the music is.
Wed 16/07/08 at 19:13
"possibly impossible"
It happens from time to time when actors in the limelight die.

Like you, I'll reserve judgement till the movie is out.

Doesn't look like it's on around here (in English) any time soon, so will have to wait a bit to see it.
Wed 16/07/08 at 19:04
Regular
Or does he? I thought he was a great actor and I've enjoyed several of his movies. He was a great guy and it's a real shame to see someone so talented die so young, but is his performance as the Joker worthy of an Oscar or is it his tragic death?

I haven't seen the movie yet so I can't really comment, infact most of the movies that end up being nominated at the Oscars aren't even released until later in the year. So it's just weird for so many people to be calling for him to be nominated for an Oscar when the movie isn't even out yet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.