GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Heath Ledger deserves an Oscar"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/07/08 at 19:04
Regular
Or does he? I thought he was a great actor and I've enjoyed several of his movies. He was a great guy and it's a real shame to see someone so talented die so young, but is his performance as the Joker worthy of an Oscar or is it his tragic death?

I haven't seen the movie yet so I can't really comment, infact most of the movies that end up being nominated at the Oscars aren't even released until later in the year. So it's just weird for so many people to be calling for him to be nominated for an Oscar when the movie isn't even out yet.
Mon 21/07/08 at 18:51
Regular
Saw it last night! :) The movie kind of dragged on a bit, but it was certainly action packed. I would definitely give Heath Ledger an award for his performance. It's amazing how he delved into his character. He was such a diverse actor in every one of his movies. Especially Brokeback.. like whoa.

I give his portrayal of the Joker in Dark Knight a 10/10! Excellent job.
Sat 19/07/08 at 16:30
Regular
Forrest Gump is legend. I love the Academy Awards though ^-^

Without them, I would be generally lost when it comes to picking movies to watch.
Sat 19/07/08 at 16:29
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I wouldn't put the Scent of a Woman role in his top 5 but that's the one he wins for, tis strange. Least he finally got one, although he should have 10 of them or something, the man is immense. Hoo-ha!!
Sat 19/07/08 at 16:25
Regular
"Monochromatic"
That was the year Russell Crowe was supposed to win but everyone boycotted him because of the BAFTA's. I would have gone with Tom Wilkinson personally but then i liked In The Bedroom.
Oh and the Al Pacino win, he shouldnt have got it. Robert Downey Jr was awesome in Chaplin.
Bad choices? Chicago over Gangs of New York and LoTR - Two Towers. Titanic over everything, Forest Gump over Pulp Fiction and The Shawshank Redemption
Sat 19/07/08 at 14:59
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Was referring to it more overall than specifically. Although how Denzel beat Will Smith in 2001 i'll never figure out, his performance as Ali was immense
Sat 19/07/08 at 14:56
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Ah i see. As you said acting talent i thought you referring to the acting awards.
Sat 19/07/08 at 14:45
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I was talking more about the Best Film award where it seems whichever has the "correct" political viewpoint for Hollywood gets it and the general political attitude that surrounds the awards.

That and the fact Pacino and De Niro only have 1 Best Actor award each is a effin disgrace
Sat 19/07/08 at 14:25
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Kawada wrote:
> Well the Oscar's stopped being about actual acting talent ages
> ago so heck why not give him one.

What makes you say that?

Best Actor Winner
* 2004 Jamie Foxx - Ray
* 2005 Philip Seymour Hoffman - Capote
* 2006 Forest Whitaker - The Last King of Scotland
* 2007 Daniel Day-Lewis - There Will Be Blood

Best Actress Winner
* 2004 Hilary Swank - Million Dollar Baby
* 2005 Reese Witherspoon - Walk the Line
* 2006 Helen Mirren - The Queen
* 2007 Marion Cotillard - La Vie en Rose

There has been a move towards biopics but theyre all exceptional performances that were completely deserving of the award.
Sat 19/07/08 at 13:53
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Well the Oscar's stopped being about actual acting talent ages ago so heck why not give him one.
Fri 18/07/08 at 21:31
"possibly impossible"
Garin wrote:
> I dont really see a problem with him dying influencing whether he
> gets an Oscar. Good actor who probably would have won one sooner
> or later anyway. And unless they introduce a "best
> performing corpse" category, I doubt he'll be getting
> anymore nominations.

This was his last 'full' movie, but Gilliam's new one will be his last actual movie to air.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.