GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I bought Marmite"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/07/08 at 11:01
"possibly impossible"
...which would have been mundane in the UK, but here it's not well known. There's a little English shop round the corner that sells it and it does seem to keep the mosquitos away. Got fed up of getting bitten for the last few days.

Anyway, found a couple of Doctor Who books (recent ones) for 1.95 Euros so i got them as well. With that, the tinternet and my DS I'm fine if it rains again!
Fri 18/07/08 at 00:38
Regular
Back when I was a teenager, I came across this old church where a monk decribed the origins of the anti-christ to me. Apparently, sometime after the battle of the skies, Satan clawed his way to the gates of the underworld. Whilst there he seduced one of the many guardians spawning a creature of pure chaos and malice.

I think his name was Marmite, either that or Elmo. I can't remember which.
Thu 17/07/08 at 22:50
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I hate the stuff but used to use it to make gravy as it works like a strong stock.
Thu 17/07/08 at 22:36
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I used to really like marmite when i was younger, think i had too much of it though as now i can't stand the stuff
Thu 17/07/08 at 22:29
"possibly impossible"
It's not too bad here, the English people in this town tend to respect the language, customs and people, apart from the odd 'English bar and takeaway' which we have here.
Thu 17/07/08 at 11:32
Regular
"sh"
@machie, people, british people, have been moving to spain for much longer than the vice versa, we along with every other country who holidays there and speaks "english" have ruined parts of the country.
Wed 16/07/08 at 22:11
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Of all the things I've been surprised to see, one was the "British Shop" in Potsdam. Not sure why it was there (Do many of us go out to see the venue of the famous conference?), but it did seem a little mundane. I guess being out there for a while and missing products would be a bit odd.

Also, selling British chocolates to Americans doesn't work, one of my housemates was part of a business that didn't do too well.
Wed 16/07/08 at 22:10
"possibly impossible"
Spain. Staying in the house of my father-in-law. Trying to communicate, but no-one speaks English. My Spanish is improving though...
Wed 16/07/08 at 21:55
Regular
"Thinking and typing"
Where are you PB???
Wed 16/07/08 at 20:29
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pb wrote:
> ...which would have been mundane in the UK, but here it's not
> well known. There's a little English shop round the corner that
> sells it and it does seem to keep the mosquitos away. Got fed up
> of getting bitten for the last few days.

Marmite can be bought in most food shops in Zakynthos. Its content of vitamin B helps regarding mosquitoes.
So eat lots before you go away or while you're away or take vitamin B tablets - I know which is the cheaper option and nicer if you like marmite - great stuff:)
Wed 16/07/08 at 11:22
Regular
@Black8704

Yeah for some reason if you're a tourist everything suddenly becomes far more expensive. :( It shouldnt cost that much to import the books and I'm she they had a lot of older titles.

One thing I learnt recently from my mums friend, I think she was in Portugal recently. They were at this resturant and they will keep bringing you food and unless you tell them to take it away they will charge you for it. Which happened to a couple next to them when they saw their bill.

The lesson is, if you didnt order it, send it away.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.