GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is this really the funniest joke in the world ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/10/02 at 15:38
Regular
According to scientists from the university of Hertfordshire - this is the funniest joke in the world...

"Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed.

The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps: "My friend is dead! What can I do?"

The operator says: "Calm down, I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead."

There is a silence - then a shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says: "OK, now what?"

For the story check out
http://www.sky.com/skynews (space) /article/0,,30000-12135344,00.html

It made me a laugh a bit when I first heard it but come on - there must be funnier stuff than this..
Thu 03/10/02 at 15:38
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
According to scientists from the university of Hertfordshire - this is the funniest joke in the world...

"Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed.

The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps: "My friend is dead! What can I do?"

The operator says: "Calm down, I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead."

There is a silence - then a shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says: "OK, now what?"

For the story check out
http://www.sky.com/skynews (space) /article/0,,30000-12135344,00.html

It made me a laugh a bit when I first heard it but come on - there must be funnier stuff than this..
Thu 03/10/02 at 15:57
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
It's crap...
Thu 03/10/02 at 15:59
"High polygon count"
No, it's not - I've heard far, far funnier than that. But it *is* funny.

"The LaughLab experiment conducted by psychologist Dr Richard Wiseman, from the University of Hertfordshire, attracted more than 40,000 jokes and almost two million ratings."

Two million ratings? That's not exactly a broad cross-section, and the very nature of the poll - internet based - excludes a large amount of the world's population.

Also, as someone else pointed out elsewhere a few days ago (something to do with beans on toast), do these organisations have nothing more important to spend their grant money researching?
"High polygon count"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> No, it's not - I've heard far, far funnier than that. But it *is*
> funny.

That was in response to the original post, not phi11ip!
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I've heard better.

:-)
Thu 03/10/02 at 16:02
[smugly] ive had better (to quote jim carey)
Thu 03/10/02 at 16:05
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:

>
> Also, as someone else pointed out elsewhere a few days ago (something
> to do with beans on toast), do these organisations have nothing more
> important to spend their grant money researching?

Indeed - what a damn waste of money this is just to try and scientifically prove the funniest joke ?

It's all dependent on personal taste etc anyway. Daft.
Thu 03/10/02 at 16:47
I had to read that three times before realising what was supposed to be funny about it.

I just thought 'oh' and clicked 'reply'.
Thu 03/10/02 at 16:51
Why did they think it was funny? It isn't funny at all.

UW.
Thu 03/10/02 at 17:07
Regular
"INSERT WITTY COMMEN"
what do you call a goth lying in the middle of a road?

A speedbump!!

Rather crude and apolagies to all you goths out there!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.