GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is this really the funniest joke in the world ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/10/02 at 15:38
Regular
According to scientists from the university of Hertfordshire - this is the funniest joke in the world...

"Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed.

The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps: "My friend is dead! What can I do?"

The operator says: "Calm down, I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead."

There is a silence - then a shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says: "OK, now what?"

For the story check out
http://www.sky.com/skynews (space) /article/0,,30000-12135344,00.html

It made me a laugh a bit when I first heard it but come on - there must be funnier stuff than this..
Fri 04/10/02 at 15:11
"slightlyshortertagl"
all of the jokes on that page of the newspaper(whatever you read) were crap.
Fri 04/10/02 at 14:23
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I know there was a reason why I didn't go to the University of Hertfordshire...

:)

I agree it is amusing but not exactly the funniest ive heard.
Fri 04/10/02 at 14:19
Regular
Those Idiots at Hertfordshire UNI should spend more time/money on building more car parks!

Its hell trying to find a space to park on campus...
Fri 04/10/02 at 09:17
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Raised a smile, though I can't help but think that they way they judged humor leaves them with little more than the script for the standard American sit-com... It would'nt have sounded out of place in 'The Ellen Show', and nobody needs that.

Equally if you judged artwork by mass concensus, it may turn out that a print of dogs playing poker is the most important work ever created?

(Since there are more American than Brits, does that mean American humor is funnier?)

Ultimatly, pretty obviously, it comes down to personal taste. Are you so insecure that you need stat based validation to decide your sense of humor?
Thu 03/10/02 at 22:47
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> No, it's not - I've heard far, far funnier than that. But it *is*
> funny.
Agreed.
Thu 03/10/02 at 22:44
Regular
"C'Mon Feel The Love"
Stupid Scientists Said:
> Q. Is this really the funniest joke in the world?

A. NO it isn't
Thu 03/10/02 at 21:41
Regular
"C'Mon Feel The Love"
That was not funny at all, and them scientists must be dumb to find that Funny, ah well they have no sense of humour but we do.
Thu 03/10/02 at 21:33
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Yeah, I got that album about a week ago. Not bad!

As for the joke, didnt make me laugh...
Thu 03/10/02 at 21:28
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
I wouldn't call it anywhere near funny.
But i can tell you, this is the greatest and best song in the world....
Tribute

Sorry for that. Had the album for a week and it's quite good. Like City Hall a lot as well as Wonderboy.
Thu 03/10/02 at 20:49
Regular
"  "
I was expecting the joke to continue. I didn't realise that was the pun at the end! Stupid joke.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.