GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Feel Everything, no i mean it."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/11/00 at 18:59
Regular
I thin from some games you dont' really feel you are in it.
You know feeling the effects of crashing into a wall via a car of course. I don't mean getting broken legs, or cuts and bruises i mean feeling the huge effect it makes when you collide with the wall.
Rumble paks are not realistic enough. They just make a rumbling effect on your controller and that's all.
But i want to be able to feel you are inside the car, feeling all the huge rumble it gives.

And an improved Dolby system, when something explodes, the speakers bounce back waves of long explosive sounds and sounds of people's foot steps thumping on the ground.
Any ideas?
Wed 29/11/00 at 22:44
Regular
You won't get injured you'll feel nothing, it's just the explosions you feel!
Wed 29/11/00 at 22:41
Hold on if thats the case, what would happen if you fired off the BFG in Quake? Would you get blown through the wall or maybe would just vapourise on the living room carpet? Its probably a bit look realistic, next thing theyll be thinking of is a suit that shocks you whenever you get hit on a fighting game or a first person shooter and will break your leg when you get injured for example in Code Veronica with Chris. What would you say then? Ouch great, ive just been hit again or would you just be lying unconsious on the floor after being battered by Lei on TTT? I think we should restrict the amount of realism in games... remember its ONLY A GAME!!!
Wed 29/11/00 at 22:28
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I'm launching a singed ears device! Early tests are quite positive but I'm looking for something to neutralise the smell of burning hair before it goes to market.
Wed 29/11/00 at 22:26
Regular
I didn't mean feel pain, i said it would be nice feeling, all the explosions, feeling them like it's right behind you!
Wed 29/11/00 at 22:03
"Uzi Lover"
Yeh that would really work!

Like say in urm quake 3, lets frag each other for real yeh! i know lets just blow ourselves up to get the realisism!

dont think so! rumblings all were gonna get guys!
Wed 29/11/00 at 21:59
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
elitesniper wrote:
I mean feeling the huge effect it makes when you collide with the wall.

Nice point Elite - I think there is a loooong way to go to make the off-screen elements of games more worthwhile, although I don't fancy the likes of Lara Croft myself.

I digress - BUT I think some people may need to improve their driving if your comments are to be taken literally.

Sony Computer Entertainment have announced the specifications for PS3.1 which will make gaming history by including retractable safety belts. Third party peripheral manufacturers are applying for licences to produce steering wheels equipped with airbags and automatic fire extinguishers in an effort to prevent the recent spate of fatal crashes which have caused such an outcry among concerned parents.

In an official statement Sony have slammed irrisponsible schools for failing to include mandatory game safety training in the curriculum and say that until they do they will include any automatic weapons in REAL 3D shoot-em-ups
Wed 29/11/00 at 21:20
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
unreal tournament! I havn't played GTA London with you yet! it's pretty boring now though. Grix, did you run around your town dressed as Link?
I might DL it, but elitesniper said it took along time and I have to be off this soon as my mummy and daddy wanna do some internet shopping.
Wed 29/11/00 at 19:56
Regular
Get Unreal Tournament demo fog, there is NO slowdown at ALL!!

Play the computer with us...
Wed 29/11/00 at 19:52
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
same reason as why you didn't write one, I couldn't be bothered.
Wed 29/11/00 at 19:51
Regular
*CoughUnrealtournamentCough*

I need to play it. It's a really good game, it's hard at first, but it does get really good.

Play again on my side verus the computer?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.