GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I hate packard bell PC's"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/10/02 at 21:21
Regular
i absoloutly hate packard bell pcs they are so annoyying and always crashing why dont they spend time on thier pc's cant they make there product worth what it is. why cant they be like dell? there much better
Wed 02/10/02 at 21:21
Regular
"Max Power"
i absoloutly hate packard bell pcs they are so annoyying and always crashing why dont they spend time on thier pc's cant they make there product worth what it is. why cant they be like dell? there much better
Wed 02/10/02 at 21:24
Regular
i really hate people who carnt spell and carnt use gramma properly and always use txt tlk

DW, in a sarcastic mood.
Wed 02/10/02 at 21:27
Regular
"Max Power"
ive got a spelling problem O.K. so will you please leave me alone
Wed 02/10/02 at 21:27
Regular
"Max Power"
and a reading problem
Wed 02/10/02 at 21:31
Regular
Okay, sorry :c)

Just try and use grammer though.
Wed 02/10/02 at 21:39
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I had a Packard Bell. It crashed a lot. So I got a Dell. Which crashes less. Which is good. Hope that helped.
Wed 02/10/02 at 21:39
Regular
"Max Power"
ok all is forgiven
Wed 02/10/02 at 21:41
Regular
"Festivus!"
I have a cheese PC made from fubby Alerican snoord crows.
Wed 02/10/02 at 22:47
"Stupid Newbie :D"
Dell?!... Just as bad a company. Infact in this day and age, it's better to get your comp built at a trustworthy PC shop, than it is to buy from a company - as they're inept and have pathetically poor excuses for technical support.

What you'll likely find with the PC is that the problem is really small, and simple to fix... of course, the Packard Bell helpdesk knowledge is also small and simple. This system I'm running is an older model PB, I stopped asking the company anything about it years ago, when I discovered I knew more about the PC than the cretins who built it.

"Motherboard goes upto 233MHz"

"Where exactly did you learn to count? It goes to 200, no further."

"There isn't a more recent BIOS update than 1998"

"Erm? Unicore.com anyone?"

"I'm sorry, your PC does not support AMD processors, or HDDs over 4GB in capacity"

"Ok... I'll just tell it to stop using the 40GB HDD, and AMD K6-3 CPU, thankyou for your time"

Bottom line with Packard Bell: Download the motherboard manual, be prepared to find mistakes in it, and fix everything that goes wrong yourself - NEVER let them anywhere near it, as it'll likely come back in worse condition.
Thu 03/10/02 at 00:04
packard bell are the best! i have an old P133Mhz running here for 9 yrs! got me self a HP pAvilion 7950 and less than 1 yr. technical assistance stil hasnt figure out problem to so many slowdowns and crashed! still hp trying to fix it over 6 months now they given up really i think they might just give me a new one or money back! PACKARD BELL RULE! HP ARE CRAP and 1 more thing. dont blame a pc just coz urs or a few pcs are craply running. but i know from hps service i recieved they r crap!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.