GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"University Advice"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/10/02 at 20:12
Regular
I'm a little young to be talking about this, but I want some advice to do with university. My sister's been looking, and I really want to do Mathematics and Computer Sciences in Oxford. The success rate is only something like 38%, so it's not very high. I'm at the stage in my life where I have to choose college subjects, and I really want to get to Oxford. So the question is, what do I take? I only want to take maths, computer sciences and japanese, which leaves me with 2 free choices. Physics, maybe, but what else if I'm to do what I want to do?
Wed 02/10/02 at 08:13
Regular
I was thinking about uni before A-Level courses as well. Not a problem. Right, for Maths at Oxford you need AAA. No question, they won't take you unless you get that. I'm lucky for my Oxford course, I only need AAB. Then you need Physics and Maths. They probably won't care about Computing, but I doubt it would hurt as an AS. Another science as well wouldn't hurt, but the fourth subject doesn't really matter. If you're dedicated, take 5 :) But you don't need to, Oxford only want three A-Levels.

Then start piling up the extra-curricular activites. They like stuff related to your course that you do out of school of your own free time e.g. I scuba dive, and I'm applying for Biological Sciences. Read about your subject out of school as well, and reading magazines like New Scientist is also a good idea. If you want to chat about it some more, MSN me. If I haven't blocked you, that is.
Tue 01/10/02 at 20:24
"Mimmargh!"
You want to get into Oxford!? Good luck...or skill as the case maybe.
Or almost certainly is.
Tue 01/10/02 at 20:12
Regular
"¬_¬"
I'm a little young to be talking about this, but I want some advice to do with university. My sister's been looking, and I really want to do Mathematics and Computer Sciences in Oxford. The success rate is only something like 38%, so it's not very high. I'm at the stage in my life where I have to choose college subjects, and I really want to get to Oxford. So the question is, what do I take? I only want to take maths, computer sciences and japanese, which leaves me with 2 free choices. Physics, maybe, but what else if I'm to do what I want to do?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.